Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The winner of our very first Ride of the Month contest is none other than Loki with this amazing shot! So beautiful!!!

Thanks to everyone who participated! We'll do this again in a couple of weeks so stay tuned!

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Thanks everyone. To fill in some info on then bike, it was custom built by Rick Krost back in 2005/2005 with a 2004 PP100 sold to him from the factory shortly before it closed. It has all the oil pump updates as well as the proper castings and new heads that were to be the "fix" for the PP100 internal problems. The bike has won a few international awards and is featured in the Art of the Chopper book. I purchased it at auction in LA a few years later. It is the hand-built prototype frame Rick now sells through US Choppers and the front end is Mike Tomas' prototype leaf spring front end. It rides great, moves very quickly, and handles better the faster I go. It's like riding a very fast 10 speed bike. The shot was taken at Bonneville after I did a quick run. Unfortunately, I didn't manage to get the bike past fifth gear because the oil pressure popped the cap off and showered me with oil at roughly 130+ mph so I had to stop. While she is a trophy winner, she isn't a garage queen. She gets ridden and is a blast to own.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Nice shot, Loki!

I'd be interested in trying to get a shot for September's contest. I'm new here; do you guys do this consistently, every month? And is it always announced on this board "Indian Motorcycle News"?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Thanks everyone. To fill in some info on then bike, it was custom built by Rick Krost back in 2005/2005 with a 2004 PP100 sold to him from the factory shortly before it closed. It has all the oil pump updates as well as the proper castings and new heads that were to be the "fix" for the PP100 internal problems. The bike has won a few international awards and is featured in the Art of the Chopper book. I purchased it at auction in LA a few years later. It is the hand-built prototype frame Rick now sells through US Choppers and the front end is Mike Tomas' prototype leaf spring front end. It rides great, moves very quickly, and handles better the faster I go. It's like riding a very fast 10 speed bike. The shot was taken at Bonneville after I did a quick run. Unfortunately, I didn't manage to get the bike past fifth gear because the oil pressure popped the cap off and showered me with oil at roughly 130+ mph so I had to stop. While she is a trophy winner, she isn't a garage queen. She gets ridden and is a blast to own.
Cool looking bike. Thanks for adding the info about the bike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts