Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
While on active duty, my wife worked at the base hospital (Dover AFB, 21st Air Force) as a Red Cross Volunteer assisting in the surgery room and after care for our GI's returning from Vietnam. Though technically not a military veteran, her service saved some our buddy's lives. I'm sure there are others like her out there that deserve a big THANK YOU!

·
Original member / Distinguished
5,817 Posts
I too thank all veterans. I'll be standing a flag line tomorrow with other American Legion Riders in temps around 32º. The county Veterans memorial will receive two more names from our county. I'm really not looking forward to riding the bike there but it's nothing compared to what some have endured.

Reactions: Shuje Sunge

·
5,817 Posts
Hey Injuncowboy that's what they make electrics for (go plug in that heated vest)!
I'm better than a vest. I got a liner and gloves. I'll be plugged in but my stupid hands sweat even when it's cold. So the electric gloves are almost worthless. But I'll survive.:D

·
Registered
384 Posts
Reactions: builder

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I'm not a veteran. I proudly work with and for veterans of all ages at a VA hospital, and I am humbled daily by those who have served and fought for my freedoms.
My humble THANKS to you all..
Builder
Thank you, I am at the VA hospital for care,several times a month, and to have those that care for vets being appreciative helps.

·
Registered
723 Posts
I too am not a veteran. Not by choice but that is how life worked out. We all owe our veterans so much and I am personally deeply grateful to them all. I have too many friends that I will never see again from the VietNam era and many that were changed for ever. This does not give me any insight to the problems today facing our vets. It humbles me. I bow my head and give thanks for their service and sacrifice. Thank you. I believe everyday should be veterans day.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Thank you for your appreciation and support.

Reactions: builder

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
I'm not a veteran. I proudly work with and for veterans of all ages at a VA hospital, and I am humbled daily by those who have served and fought for my freedoms.
My humble THANKS to you all..
Builder
I only served in peacetime in the reserves. Thanks to all who have served to give us what we enjoy in Canada and the USA and the rest of the free world

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Thanks for serving, Dwarf. It doesn't matter if it was in the reserves in peacetime or not...you were ready to deploy if the orders came down the line.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I agree with banjo man....really nice to get the 1k discount. I normally don't talk about my service much but it's nice for a business to recognize our service.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I am just leaving Active Duty and starting work at the VA in South Dakota three months ago.... I admire the heck out of the WWII and Korean vets I cross paths with everyday, the accounts of their experiences are amazing.

·
5,817 Posts
You are fortunate. Most don't like to talk about that time because it was generally not very good.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Thanks.

And thank you for your service to Vets at the VA

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I posted this in another thread but will copy/paste it here because it fits.
Thanks to all who supported and support us...it is appreciated more than you will ever know.

USMC 69 - 78.

Semper Fi to all my brothers and sisters in arms in all branches and all countries.
We shall always have each others six.

I would like to take a moment to invite each of you to visit rftw.org (Run For The Wall)

This year will be the 27th year of riders from across the nation...Active, Vets, family of military, and civilians who ride across our great nation to Washington DC to remember ALL men and women we have lost in all wars and to ask/demand our government to account for all men and women who never came home. Many of us are Vietnam vets and make the yearly pilgrimage to visit our family and friends on the Wall.
Please visit the site and read who we are and what we do.
Would enjoy meeting you F2F on the run.

Semper Fi,
DrZ

Reactions: Dan_Frisbie

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I worked for a contract manufacture in Springfield MA as a Supervisor that has a group of Vietnamese that worked there and when one of them actually thanked me for my service it really took me by surprise. I know it has become fashionable for someone to come up to you and thank you for your service but this was genuinely sincere.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts