Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I received my first communication from you since I placed my deposit last year. I know it is hard in a new relationship but I've been here for you. You made me feel as though you took me for granted especially after all the nice things I did for you. I talked you up to my friends and strangers. I purchased clothes and trinkets with your name proudly displayed. I waited patiently for you to realize I am still here.

Thank you.

Let us try to strengthen our time together by taking a fresh look at how we are better off working together.

Thank you again.

Ray

·
Registered
738 Posts
Ya know, I've been thinking about this subject for some time. There are SO many people so excited about Indian's comeback, but there have been a lot of disappointments, mainly stemming from undelivered motorcycles, parts and accessories. As a result there's been a lot of gripes and complaints and loss of goodwill. Despite these set backs, most people seem to be hanging in there. Anyhow, my point is, I think Polaris could have prevented a lot of this simply by better communication with dealers and individual customers. For example, I don't presume to talk for all the First Run Scout buyers that still haven't gotten their bikes, but I'm sure many would have felt MUCH better about the delay if they had just received some personal communication from the company and/or dealer. Like Ray, I know for a fact many of the users on this site have "talked you (Indian) up to friends and strangers". Goodwill like that is invaluable.

Ray, I'm happy you received a communication. Hang in there!

·
Registered
656 Posts
KL Davis - you got your Scout or just the email? If it was the Scout Congrats - if the email then you are one up on me - as I got ZERO!! I even emailed the dealer this morning to inquire about the coupon etc. and got ZERO from her - so the hubby and I did what was best to do on a beautiful AZ winter day - we RODE.. Love his Chieftain and we enjoyed about a 250 mile ride with some friends. They all gave me grief since I still didn't have my bike but they still can't wait to see it!

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2,047 Posts
Honestly Folks, I've never seen so many people order bikes sight un-seen. I appreciate the frustration that many are feeling with the wait, but do you realize how unusual this all is? And the feed-back from reviews and those who've taken delivery seems to bear out that it will be worth the wait. What a great time to be a motorcyclist!
--- Randall (This may be the result of the 80 mile ride I've just taken to Marfa and back and the fact that Chieftain # 873 is such an excellent motorcycle).

·
Registered
558 Posts
Though I am not taking deliver and am happily riding a Victory Judge I did receive this communication today:

Dear Allan,

Thank you for placing an order for a 2015 Indian® Scout™ and much more importantly, for your interest and investment in Indian Motorcycle®.

The Scout introduction has been one of our most exciting and ambitious product launches ever. We appreciate your patience as we ramp up production and apologize that our delivery timing has not met your expectations. We have encountered production issues that do not meet our rigorous quality standards. These issues have limited both our ability to produce bikes, and regrettably, our ability to assign production and delivery dates for consumers who placed deposits for December shipments. As a Scout’s First Run owner your benefits will not be lost due to the delayed delivery.

Our Spirit Lake team is dedicated to ensuring that every Scout that comes off the assembly line delivers the quality and performance we are proud of, and that you will be proud of too.

We sincerely appreciate your patience. Please accept this coupon for $200 off Indian Motorcycle apparel to use at your local dealer.

Download Coupon
http://cl.exct.net/?qs=108935b69564ed84e54b5da02618315361ff23ba78e62c950a5126d945206004
We will continue to send updates to your dealer as soon as we have additional information. If you have questions that your dealer is unable to answer or is not addressed in this communication, please call our Indian Motorcycle service team at 877-204-3697.

Sincerely,

Steve Menneto
Vice President, Motorcycles

·
Registered
558 Posts
Would appear they ran into trouble! That's okay, but no commitment on a delivery time frame? See, I don't have a problem with an email like this but they could of done this sooner than later.

Just my 2 cents worth... Not really worth much more than that. :)

·
Registered
738 Posts
Honestly Folks, I've never seen so many people order bikes sight un-seen. I appreciate the frustration that many are feeling with the wait, but do you realize how unusual this all is? .
Randall, you can't believe how many times I've thought the same thing - especially about myself! Buying a major purchase like a motorcycle, sight unseen!? But I did it and I'm so freakin' glad I did!

And you're certainly right - it's such a great motorcycle that it is definitely worth the wait! :D

·
Registered
765 Posts
I'm not purchasing a Scout but have been following it because my brother is interested in one. My personal opinion is Indian should have debuted the Scout with a Spring release. This would have been a more realistic projection and would have worked since winter delivery for most riders means just parking it till Spring anyway. Communication apparently has been poor by both Indian and the dealers. By all the reviews it looks like it's going to be worth the wait. Once y'all get those hot new bikes and start putting on the miles, these few months will be long forgotten. Hang in there everyone.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Though I am not taking deliver and am happily riding a Victory Judge I did receive this communication today:

Dear Allan,

Thank you for placing an order for a 2015 Indian® Scout™ and much more importantly, for your interest and investment in Indian Motorcycle®.

The Scout introduction has been one of our most exciting and ambitious product launches ever. We appreciate your patience as we ramp up production and apologize that our delivery timing has not met your expectations. We have encountered production issues that do not meet our rigorous quality standards. These issues have limited both our ability to produce bikes, and regrettably, our ability to assign production and delivery dates for consumers who placed deposits for December shipments. As a Scout’s First Run owner your benefits will not be lost due to the delayed delivery.

Our Spirit Lake team is dedicated to ensuring that every Scout that comes off the assembly line delivers the quality and performance we are proud of, and that you will be proud of too.

We sincerely appreciate your patience. Please accept this coupon for $200 off Indian Motorcycle apparel to use at your local dealer.

Download Coupon
We will continue to send updates to your dealer as soon as we have additional information. If you have questions that your dealer is unable to answer or is not addressed in this communication, please call our Indian Motorcycle service team at 877-204-3697.

Sincerely,

Steve Menneto
Vice President, Motorcycles

You know...... this really is a shame. No Scout for Mr Brown.
"Please accept this $200 coupon for made in china apparel you don't really want"
Sure makes a customer feel warm and fuzzy don't it, Mr. Brown?

IMHO, individual customers who had put a down payment on a scout should have been provided
with the early bikes but if there are still some who ordered way back when and dealers are getting
the lion's share.... ehhhhh.... that doesn't sit too well, IMHO.

·
Registered
558 Posts
You know...... this really is a shame. No Scout for Mr Brown.
"Please accept this $200 coupon for made in china apparel you don't really want"
Sure makes a customer feel warm and fuzzy don't it, Mr. Brown?

IMHO, individual customers who had put a down payment on a scout should have been provided
with the early bikes but if there are still some who ordered way back when and dealers are getting
the lion's share.... ehhhhh.... that doesn't sit too well, IMHO.
It is nice to hear from you again Twinhit. I and many have missed you on the forum. Truly. :)

·
Registered
303 Posts
KL Davis - you got your Scout or just the email? If it was the Scout Congrats - if the email then you are one up on me - as I got ZERO!! I even emailed the dealer this morning to inquire about the coupon etc. and got ZERO from her - so the hubby and I did what was best to do on a beautiful AZ winter day - we RODE.. Love his Chieftain and we enjoyed about a 250 mile ride with some friends. They all gave me grief since I still didn't have my bike but they still can't wait to see it!
@Cindy...OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...didn't get my scout yet...I was just stating when I got the coupon...I'm still in the same boat...by the way, where is this boat going? LOLOLOLOL

·
Registered
656 Posts
@Cindy...OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...didn't get my scout yet...I was just stating when I got the coupon...I'm still in the same boat...by the way, where is this boat going? LOLOLOLOL
Hopefully not down that river where you have to paddle faster because you hear banjos!

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't think there is a real problem with First Run bikes being sold to someone else or people skipped. The word was that the delivery list was double scrambled for the First Run bikes. That caused some early deposit bikes to still be in the later delivery position. As probably noticed, the delivery notification has slowed down. I appreciate the message that there was an official oops. I checked and supposedly mine has not been born yet. So who knows?

Reactions: Cindy

·
Registered
468 Posts
I don't think there is a real problem with First Run bikes being sold to someone else or people skipped. The word was that the delivery list was double scrambled for the First Run bikes. That caused some early deposit bikes to still be in the later delivery position. As probably noticed, the delivery notification has slowed down. I appreciate the message that there was an official oops. I checked and supposedly mine has not been born yet. So who knows?
Well, I don't know, but if I read Mr. Brown's post correctly, he bailed out on the Scout and got a Judge.
Now, Polaris still got Mr. Brown's money, but for others they may give up the wait and move on to a non-Polaris brand. That's lost sales and bad business relations.
Obviously, those who want the bike will certainly wait for it. But from the mfg and dealer side, it IS a lost sale
when that happens. That lost customer may go out tell others about the reasons why and... possibly even paint
Co. in a bad light.- Not that I personally care, but IF I were at Polaris, I would have made certain that the individuals would have been served first.

I am reminded of dinner at a restaurant. I place my order and wait... wait... wait..... until I make up my mind and
get up and leave. - same smell.
Ironic, isn't it? You get better service at the local cafe than some early buyer have with the Scout.

·
Registered
468 Posts
It is nice to hear from you again Twinhit. I and many have missed you on the forum. Truly. :)
Hey Mr. Brown!
How goes it? I've been awful busy these days. Sorry to hear you bailed on the Scout.
If my Scout showed up with a booger on the tank, I'd bail too. That's like the chef spittin' on
my burger.

Hey... it happens. ;)

G

·
Amazing how many people don't comprehend what a double scramble is.But, i would also be discouraged if i hadn't received my bike in Dec.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The coupon is dated with an expiration of April if that indicates how far this may go. Dec, Jan, Feb so far. Still smiling. Patiently waiting.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Honestly Folks, I've never seen so many people order bikes sight un-seen. I appreciate the frustration that many are feeling with the wait, but do you realize how unusual this all is? And the feed-back from reviews and those who've taken delivery seems to bear out that it will be worth the wait. What a great time to be a motorcyclist!
--- Randall (This may be the result of the 80 mile ride I've just taken to Marfa and back and the fact that Chieftain # 873 is such an excellent motorcycle).
It was well worth the wait even if my wait was less than some. Trust me folks, those that are waiting will be very pleasently surprised with the bike once it arrives.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts