Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done the research but can not figure out how this is done. I don’t want to debate the merits of why you would or would not use this feature. I am using an IPhone XR and am able to see the texts that come in displayed on my Ride Command but can not figure out how to send one of the canned responses. For the record I was trying to figure this out while sitting in my garage. Anybody know how this is done?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I could never get mine to load on the display! I just gave up because it wasn’t that important. But I am curious to know as well.

·
Rider
690 Posts
I have done the research but can not figure out how this is done. I don’t want to debate the merits of why you would or would not use this feature. I am using an IPhone XR and am able to see the texts that come in displayed on my Ride Command but can not figure out how to send one of the canned responses. For the record I was trying to figure this out while sitting in my garage. Anybody know how this is done?
I have tried as well (2018 Chieftain ). In natural running and with engine off but power on and still won’t send. I contacted Indian Corp and had a ticket started, sent in log file that they ask for, that was almost 9 months ago - nothing!!!!

·
Premium Member
2018 Indian Chieftain (Tanto) Steel Gray
313 Posts
I am able to send with Samsung Android phone. Select wanted text and touch green send button at bottom on 2018 Chieftain.

·
Rider
690 Posts
I am able to send with Samsung Android phone. Select wanted text and touch green send button at bottom on 2018 Chieftain.
I’m using iPhone. Did you check to be sure the txt was received?

·
Rider
690 Posts
Yes received and responded to. Will not work while riding.
I’ve tried it sitting still on neutral, but with IPhone it simply will not work!!!!

·
Bronze member
1,809 Posts
doesn't work with Apple products. Proprietary messaging needs licensing. That's why no CarPlay either. You can read the first line, but not respond. Its a PIA when riding and there is a family 4 ways back and forth. You can disable it.

·
Rider
690 Posts
doesn't work with Apple products. Proprietary messaging needs licensing. That's why no CarPlay either. You can read the first line, but not respond. Its a PIA when riding and there is a family 4 ways back and forth. You can disable it.
Well why dint they say so when I submitted a ticket to have them address the issue?!! I even sent a log file at their request!! I can read the lines, which is good, at least I know there is a txt. Ive told family if there is a emergency just state it in a short txt. But, Indian should fix this after all the largest cell phone base is IPhone!!

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Hell, that's one of the reasons WHY I go riding...to get away from all the family and/or work drama!

·
Bronze member
4,152 Posts
Well why dint they say so when I submitted a ticket to have them address the issue?!! I even sent a log file at their request!! I can read the lines, which is good, at least I know there is a txt. Ive told family if there is a emergency just state it in a short txt. But, Indian should fix this after all the largest cell phone base is IPhone!!
Car play and Android auto will most likely be out this year possibly in the fall. Was supposed to come out in March but was delayed to Covid.

·
German Rider
1,718 Posts
Hell, that's one of the reasons WHY I go riding...to get away from all the family and/or work drama!
Exactly ! No phone calls, no message, no emails, just riding !

Cu,
Sven

·
Founding member
2014 Red Chief Classic
967 Posts
Don't y'all know it's against the law to text while driving/riding. My guess is the feature is cut off while riding. But, what do I know, I ride a Classic.

·
Rider
690 Posts
dont want to txt and drive. Just wanted to be able hit auto reply - push one button (no different than changing a radio station). But with Iphone you cant do that!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Is this for sure that it won’t work on Apple products? It does seem strange that they started a ticket for Texas Steve. You would think the first question would be, “What kind of phone are you using?”, if it is not expected to work on Apple.

·
Bronze member
4,152 Posts
Is this for sure that it won’t work on Apple products? It does seem strange that they started a ticket for Texas Steve. You would think the first question would be, “What kind of phone are you using?”, if it is not expected to work on Apple.

Not strange at all, Indian has zero technical clue on the ride command system as it was developed by a software company in Poland. They still put tickets in for people who can't update maps and software, even though years ago smart people determined it was a USB and formatting issue with the USB drive.

·
Bronze member
4,152 Posts
@Baron58 is this for RC 2.0 only or are older ones getting it also?
Only 2.0 There was a rumor here on the forum that the late model 2019 models would have a hardware upgrade. But I seriously doubt that. More of a dealer misunderstand as that’s where the rumor came from

1 - 20 of 23 Posts