Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Poll of who will be attending

• Attending and staying at the Econolodge

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Attending and staying off site

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Not able to attend

Votes: 11 31.4%
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Below is copied and pasted from our Facebook page Texas Indian Motorcycle Riders

The Texas Indian Motorcycle Riders 2nd Annual Fredericksburg Rally scheduled for Thursday April 23rd through Sunday April 26th 2015.

Below is the itinerary for our event
Thursday with a meet n great Thursday evening for dinner. There are several excellent places to eat. Suggestions are encouraged and welcomed. Hondo’s, The Brewery, etc

Friday will be riding the 3 Sisters with a lunch break in the middle. Last year we did 2 of the 3 Sisters stopping at Lone Star Motorcycle Museum in Vanderpool (Home then stopped for lunch. By the time we finished up it was close to 3. We left and took the long way back to Fredericksburg arriving just in time for dinner and talking about the days ride.

This year our Rally is being sponsored by Mission City Indian and Indian of Fort Hood who will be providing Tee-Shirts and Patches to all attendees. They have offered to open the Mission City store for us to have a Motorcycle Show n Shine with trophies given out by class. This is scheduled for Saturday the 24th. KSU in Fredericksburg @ 9am for a leisurely ride to Boerne. Our hosts have offered up lunch and other cool goodies for everyone. This should be a welcome break from our ride Friday. Plan on having another great dinner at another of Fredericksburg’s eateries.

Sunday is checkout and head home.

Last year we reserved 10 rooms at the EconoLodge and used them all. The rate was $69 per night. I’ll call in the morning and confirm.

UPDATE Nov 12
All just confirmed with Dora at the Econolodge Fredericksburg,Texas our rate of $64.99 for each of the 3 nights (Checkin Thursday Checkout Sunday morning). Please referance you are with the Texas Indian Motorcycle Riders to get this rate. Call 830-997-3437 The address is 810 S Adams St, Fredericksburg, TX 78624

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
All I will be posting pics of the patch and tee-shirt designs once they are avail. Our host dealership is covering the cost of both for folks attending the Rally and make the Show n Shine Sat. the 25th. Please reply below as voting isn't allowing me to see who is coming.

Mark

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2,048 Posts
Howdy Mark,
Thanks for posting this, I'll check my calender and if there's any way I can arrange it I'll be there. School will still be in session so I have to see if I can get off.
--- Randall

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, I don't get on this forum as much as I should, here's an update:

So far we have 10 rooms booked according to Dora one of the owners, that's in just a couple of days after posting. We have 24 going on our FB page, 28 maybe's this doesn't count the Indian web sites I've posted the Rally on. I also have it scheduled for Ride Texas Magazine for their Spring edition

Mark

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
This is great. Keeping posting so some of us out of staters can try to figure out a way to attend.
I will be in ElPaso 2-5 April, May have to find a way to kill 20 days.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This is great. Keeping posting so some of us out of staters can try to figure out a way to attend.
I will be in ElPaso 2-5 April, May have to find a way to kill 20 days.
Here is a screenshot of our Rally in April from the Texas Indian Motorcycle Riders Facebook page.

Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
I will also try to make the rides, live less than an hour away, so not sure I will need a motel room.

Sorry, I don't do Facebook and NEVER will.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I found out this weekend at the IMS show in Dallas of all places from a couple I met, that they signed up at a dealership not affiliated with the Rally and already have made reservations at the hotel. This dealership is inviting people to the rally BUT didn't bother to contact the person (me) putting it on to see if there were enough rooms, any restrictions, event registration, dinning plans for the people registered, specific ride groups etc., by not due their due diligence before hand, puts an additional burden on not just me but everyone working behind the scenes to make this event run smoothly. These folks will not be able to experience the Rally and everything we have planned and that is very disappointing to me as the Host. There were some who attended last year that had been Indian Motorcycle lovers for years and years who were like kids in a candy store for the 1st time meeting others that share the same passion they do. We want everyone to feel included and when they head home that Sunday be excited for the next years rally.

Those folks who sign up there and on the Indian Forums and are not on the Facebook page marked as attending the Rally will miss out on what the others will be receiving as part of the rally.

This year we have folks coming from Arkansas and Oklahoma. I'm sure there are others travels from out of state and next year hope the rally doubles in size again.

Mark

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
BadJack,
For good or bad that's the only place to get everyone together. Some don't have Facebook which sucks in situations like this. I have the Rally posted on several forums as well as Facebook. Keeping track of who's who on each forum (some use different names forum to forum even and post multiple times under each) with 50+ already attending way to much to keep straight as you can probably understand

Mark

1 - 20 of 98 Posts