Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, they are finally racing flat track again. The wait of 4 week between week 2 and week 3 racing is tough on fans.
Is anyone else watching the stream tonight?
I'm hoping Mees and the Bauman bros. make a good showing tonight. So far it doesn't look like the rule changes have moved the preference for the FTR750's. Lots of independents are riding Indians tonight.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

6/10 Indians

Not too bad a finish. 1 and 2 are factory riders and they took off from the pack.
Harley got in at 4th - Sammy Halbert can ride.
# Name Last Lap Diff Gap Best Lap
1 1 Jared Mees 20.363 --.--- --.--- 20.250
2 14 Briar Bauman 20.833 1.316 1.316 20.220
3 44 Brandon Robinson 20.579 3.639 2.322 20.402
4 69 Sammy Halbert 20.710 9.479 5.840 20.565
5 72 Larry Pegram 21.067 12.430 2.951 20.652
6 20 Jarod Vanderkooi 21.062 12.633 0.203 20.644
7 17 Henry Wiles 20.978 12.742 0.108 20.539
8 27 Robert Pearson 21.300 12.768 0.025 20.759
9 95 JD Beach 20.979 15.896 3.128 20.833
10 5 Jake Johnson 20.911 17.409 1.513 20.779

·
Founding member / Distinguished
3,904 Posts
I don't think the rule changes are having any effect judging by the 8 podium finishes by Indian in the first 3 races this season.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Bronze member
2,529 Posts
I don't think the rule changes are having any effect judging by the 8 podium finishes by Indian in the first 3 races this season.

We'll see when we get to the mile tracks... that is supposed to be where the biggest loss (gain for them) is supposed to be..

·
Rider
371 Posts
I was at the Texas half mile and the Indians would gap the hell out of the others in the straights. The rule changes haven’t slowed Indian down one bit or given the others an advantage.

·
3,904 Posts
I was at the Texas half mile and the Indians would gap the hell out of the others in the straights. The rule changes haven’t slowed Indian down one bit or given the others an advantage.
Its funny that the NHRA gave all the V-Twin teams a 15# weight penalty after one race. I really don't think the new rules the AFT will have any effect but we will see.

·
Rider
572 Posts
Harley will keep crying to NASCAR for rule changes in their favor until they start winning .Flat track racing will be fixed and corrupt like the cups cars.

·
3,904 Posts
Harley will keep crying to NASCAR for rule changes in their favor until they start winning .Flat track racing will be fixed and corrupt like the cups cars.
Harley is not racing in NASCAR just the NHRA and AFT.

·
3,904 Posts
I'm really surprised that Bryan Smith didn't make it to the main.

·
Rider
371 Posts
Harley just had them create a slower class (production twins) this year instead of stepping it up and competing.

·
3,904 Posts
Harley just had them create a slower class (production twins) this year instead of stepping it up and competing.
Texas was the first race Harley has entered for the production Twin class it's been all Kawasaki so far.

·
Bronze member
2,529 Posts
and I think it was only the dealer from Rapid City SD... Black Hills HD... he also sponsers a Yamaha team in the singles

and that Kawi that Smith rides looks like a Trials bike to me... butt ass ugly for a flat tracker... but he wanted to have input on the design so he got it..

·
Founding Member
1,753 Posts
I really wish Harley was competitive in the big twins class. It's boring watching Indian win every race.
Maybe they should do a spec racer class or something where it's the rider skills that win, not the bike (a la NASCAR)

·
3,904 Posts
I really wish Harley was competitive in the big twins class. It's boring watching Indian win every race.
Maybe they should do a spec racer class or something where it's the rider skills that win, not the bike (a la NASCAR)
Those Indians will be tough to beat with all of the privateers riding them now. I think the only hope for any other brand to win will be on the mile and TT tracks.

·
Bronze member
1,317 Posts
The funny thing about the rule changes is in theory, it should have put more H-D's in the field and yet they are still at 2 with the new version of the bike (Gen 3 XG750-R). Less Kawi's this year and a bunch more Yamaha's.

The "production" twins was also supposed to be a way for H-D to get more bikes at the track and that hasn't worked well either. As was mentioned, there was one at the last race, and it didn't do that well. Could have been the rider, could have been the bike.

As for Mees, he was on a mission and it showed. I guess he was tired of going 7 races without a W. And at this point, it looks like Bauman, Robinson and Mees will be dicing for the season championship. Still 15 races to go, but it's shaping up for another championship podium sweep.

This next race at the Super TT will be interesting. It's been the training track for the Estenson (Yamaha) team, so they may have an inside track at this race.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts