Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rides were planned for the maximum amount of fun.

The 3 Sisters is one long ride, lots of twisties to keep your attention, breathtaking views of valley's might even see an eagle. There of course will be plenty of stops to stretch and eating lunch at a great restaurant (TBD)
The Motorcycle Museum has what most Indian Riders love about our bikes (the History) with many pre 1920 Indians, Vincent's and many others. The ride back will be a spectacular display of Texas Wildflowers and Bluebonnets.

Willow City Loop is a slow ride with many elevation changes. The views of this undisturbed part of Texas are not to be ignored. Enchanted Rock well I'm not a rock climber but to see that rock sticking straight up several hundreds feet and watching the people who walk up looking like ants. More great riding. Enjoyable day with friends and family walking around Fredericksburg or hitting the many wineries. I counted 9 last time I was there.

Thursday April 10th
Arrive, check-in and Meet n Great dinner
Friday April 11th
3 Sisters (lunch in the middle of the ride) http://goo.gl/maps/97qKi
Or Lone Star Museum (lunch on site, cash only) http://goo.gl/maps/erD1C
And Dinner.

Saturday April 12th
Willow City Loop and Enchanted Rock and walk around downtown Fredericksburg, tour some wineries off Hi 16. Dinner
http://goo.gl/maps/gE9Ki

Sunday April 13th
Pack up, check out and have group breakfast head on home

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guys
We have 5 so far if Rick (rickkcir) and his lovely wife are coming, 2 from Houston, 1 El Paso, 1 from Wichita, NB and Rick

PM me or respond on our FB page.

Mark

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All,
I called the top 3 B&B's in Frederickburg and they were booked up solid. Each said that April is the busest month of the year. I've stayed at the EconoLodge before and although its not a B&B the rooms are huge and they have a continetial breakfast. The coffee is hot and the rolls good. I called and spoke with Rodger the owner this morning and got us a rate of $69 per night Thursday and leaving Sunday (Apr 10-13). The regular rate is $109 per Friday-Sat, but you need to reserve by Sunday night to get the rate (1 nights stay will hold your room). When calling say Rodger OKed the price. 830-990-2777. and let them know your booking with the Texas Indian Riders.

We have aound 10 riders and their wives coming so far.

Fredericksburg TX Hotels - Econo Lodge Near National Museum of Pacific War

If anyone can come up with a design for a patch I can get them made.

Thanks all,
Mark

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry man posted one of the B&B numbers I called by mistake. Here is the correct info. Please let me know if you have any issues and I'll call the owner again.

Econo Lodge
810 S. Adams
Fredericksburg, TX 78624, US
(830) 997-3437

Mark

·
Registered
107 Posts
Mark,
Gonna send you a PM with my number, call me as soon as you can. I just spoke with Roger at the Econolodge.
Ray

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I called and reserved a block of 10 rooms this morning. If your planning on going they need a CC to hold your room. Sooner the better so we can get an idea on who is going. This is posted in several Indian sites, and right now believe we will hit the 10 rooms. Mention that your with the Texas Indian Motorcycle rally to get the $69 per night.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hmmm.........
This sounds like an event for Texas riders, but, I lived in Austin for 9 months..........back in the '80's..........

Anyway, I'm living in Sudden Valley Washington now, but, would love to join you..........if you'd let a foreigner in?

It sounds like it might be tough to get a place to stay, but, I'm also thinking it would be a great "first long trip" on my bike.

How's that for inviting myself?

John

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Hmmm.........
This sounds like an event for Texas riders, but, I lived in Austin for 9 months..........back in the '80's..........

Anyway, I'm living in Sudden Valley Washington now, but, would love to join you..........if you'd let a foreigner in?

It sounds like it might be tough to get a place to stay, but, I'm also thinking it would be a great "first long trip" on my bike.

How's that for inviting myself?

John
John
We have some coming down from Nebraska to ride. Your more than welcome to join us. I have a block of 10 rooms reserved for us at the Econolodge for $69 per night. Just say your with the Texas Indian Motorcycle Riders.
Econolodge
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g55863-d98860-Reviews-Econo_Lodge-Fredericksburg_Texas.html

Mark

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just got the final patch work back from the patch maker. Pretty darn close to the original pic don't you think?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts