Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Checked out the new Scout at Barnett on Friday, they had the demo truck there this weekend. The Scout is a great motorcycle, tons of power, looks great and man it's fast:D. Only one problem.... it's made for midgets:mad:, comfort would definitely be a issue for me. I'm 6' tall and even with the forward controls I felt cramped. I don't see one in my future, unless I shrink about 10 - 12 inches.:cool:
Scout.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Was it short for your legs or for your reach or both Hockeyray. I am going to see one this week and am 6' as well

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All the way around it is a small bike and has a smaller feel to it. I owned a Victory Cross Country prior to purchasing the Chieftain and the Chieftain felt small when I first got it and without the highway pegs I don't think I would be very comfortable on long rides. On the Scout I felt like circus bear riding a tricycle.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Maybe it will end up being called the Sqaw rather than a Scout. I always called a Sportster a Skirtster. 100 HP is what adds testosterone.

·
Founding member
1,763 Posts
Funny how there is another post here where a 6'6" man claimed to love the ergonomics. I suppose it depends on what kind of seating position you prefer. Granted I'm only 5'9, but not having sat on one yet, I'm concerned I might not like having my feet so far in front of me, coming from bikes with sportier riding positions, with your legs curled under you.

I very much like that the Scout is being described as "feeling small". I like bikes you sit on not sit in. If you are going to be rolling 20,000 lbs of steel down the highway, you might as well just admit to yourself you don't really want a motorcycle, you want a truck. I like the sensation that I am flying down the road, as if I wasn't on a vehicle at all, not plodding along in a two wheeled abrams tank. That's why this is the first cruiser style motorcycle that really appealed to me.

Reactions: mister1967

·
Founding member
952 Posts
Went to a demo ride was going to ride Scout. I'm 6'3" 230 lbs. and was too small for me. Seen there was a Roadmaster not being used rode it instead. Loved the Roadmaster but the Scout reminded me of a Honda 250 Rebel. Not knocking it if feels right to you. But too used to the big Chief. Even big twin Harley's look small. People freak out on the size of the cylinder heads. My favorite thing about it is shear size. The Kenworth of motorcycles.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Supposedly it's bigger than a Sportster, it sure doesn't feel that way though. A friend of mine had a 1200 Sportster and it felt bigger than the Scout. He ended up trading up because he eventually got tired of the harassment for riding a woman's motorcycle.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I agree with Hockeyray, rode the scout and road master today love the road master, scout was small but fast.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sept 18 from 2pm-6pm at American Biker Indian of Charleston. Come on by to see the NEW 2015 Indian Scout. Ask for ROB to put down your $500.00 deposit to hold yours they are going fast.

Rob
American Biker
Indian of Charleston
679 TreeLand Drive
Ladson SC 29456
843-641-0258 ASK FOR ROB

1 - 12 of 12 Posts