Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ride Now Power Sports where Have my Deposit Down on my Scout had the Demo Truck for Saturday and Sunday this weekend .. Had All Models Mostly Roadmasters and Chieftains but did have 3 Scouts, 2 Vintage and 1 Classic .. Test Rode them All as this is the Scout Section don't want to get too much into the other Models but just have to mention if looking for a Great 2 UP Tourer the new Roadmaster Rocks, with all the features it has would actually save money buying this rather than a Chieftain and slowly add all the things you want later .. I thought it was better ride and deal for the money than the Ultra Classic Limited which I thought was King of the Tourers .. It just been Dethroned .. On to the Scout just going to add what posted in the Indian Scout Owners Group on Facebook which any of you are welcome to join ..

Okay Review Time .. After riding an Ultra Classic and Victory Cross Country for the Past 5 Years and by no means I am no Big Guy ( 5'8" ) even though sat on one but had Just Rode 100 Miles on the Cross country and first thought was kind of small .. But after rocked it around a little loved how it felt like 1/2 it's weight and said Lets ride it first before passing judgement just on size .. So off we rode, I was close to the front but not quite close enough had a straggler in front of me that was a bit slow at kicking in the Power .. All the Indians have it, he was on a Roadmaster if interested which is sweet .. Was not able to really get much up to speed to begin with but when could see a good stretch coming up .. Stayed back to give me some running room .. Kicked it up to 6,000 RPM in Third gear and hit 80 MPH might have even got a tad more but had to back off .. On the Next Good Stretch wound her up and Hit 90 in 4th Shifted into Fifth and Saw 100 MPH with plenty of throttle to go .. At this point was sold .. Then eased back some as we hit some traffic and it will purr at 2,000 RPM just fine in all gears .. but 3500+ is where it likes to be .. Had a Chance to walk away today with a sweet Indian Vintage which I think is the Best Looking of them all with it's Classic Style .. Just Said Will Wait for my Scout .. Could go on and on .. But best stop for now before I write a Novel ..

Just have to Add I have never rode a Smoother Shifting Tranny and have Rode Goldwings, BMW's and More .. No Clunk, No Click, just there .. When see the RPM's drop

·
Registered
558 Posts
Hey Jay! Nice little write up. Looking forward to my Scout (like everybody else who has ordered!). What did you mean by "Had a Chance to walk away today with a sweet Indian Vintage which I think is the Best Looking of them all with it's Classic Style" :confused: Did you buy a Vintage? :)

·
5,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If read it a little closer would have seen I said " Will wait for the Scout " They had a Vintage on the Floor and offered a pretty sweet deal even said would transfer my deposit towards it and set me right up for a Demo Ride on the Vintage .. And yes I do think of all the Indians the Vintage has the most Classic look, but are Two Indians for me .. The Scout or the Roadmaster .. No In Between ..

·
Founding member
1,522 Posts
Hey Jay, you are buying a Scout. Was this the first time to ride? What did you think?

·
5,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
These Two Pictures Say it All ...

·
5,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Jay, you are buying a Scout. Was this the first time to ride? What did you think?
Yes I am buying a Scout is my Original Post not Showing Up ??? Starting to wonder if my Cut and Paste is not showing, gave a full review of the scout although I can see it fine ..

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,503 Posts
Nice review so thanks! I am looking forward to a Scout demo ride. I can say I love my Roadmaster but having a Scout would be nice too!

Reactions: JayFL459

·
Founding member
1,522 Posts
Yes I am buying a Scout is my Original Post not Showing Up ??? Starting to wonder if my Cut and Paste is not showing, gave a full review of the scout although I can see it fine ..
Maybe, sorry man, so much to read the lines start to blur sometimes.

·
Registered
558 Posts
If read it a little closer would have seen I said " Will wait for the Scout " They had a Vintage on the Floor and offered a pretty sweet deal even said would transfer my deposit towards it and set me right up for a Demo Ride on the Vintage.
Gotcha. If I had the cash I'd likely do a Chief Classic. Scout will be an excellent bike, no doubt about that. Just not seeing it as a two up bike but I'm gonna give it a shot. So, maybe a used Victory XC or Chieftain is in the works when the Scout is paid off??? :D

·
5,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gotcha. If I had the cash I'd likely do a Chief Classic. Scout will be an excellent bike, no doubt about that. Just not seeing it as a two up bike but I'm gonna give it a shot. So, maybe a used Victory XC or Chieftain is in the works when the Scout is paid off??? :D
Don't think you can wrong with either one Allan .. Would definitely give the Scout a Shot .. For the Long haul don't think the Scout will fit the bill but I would have no problem taking the wife along for short runs locally maybe up to 100 miles away .. The Chieftain is a fine ride know several that own them and love them .. Far as the XC goes I can tell you personally it's one fine ride for 2 up as done many miles way .. Have 46,000+ Miles on it now and still runs like it did when first bought back in Oct of 2012 ..

·
5,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just for the Record ... 48,000 Now on the XC .. Still 0 Issues With It .. Although think this is a great Forum if notice my Signature put the Victory XC First .. The Scout will always be my 2nd Ride to have Fun and Raise Hell with and Loving every Minute of it :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts