Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in test riding a Scout Bobber but the dealers around me don't have any they will let me demo... they do have a Scout I can demo ride.

My question: Do the Scout and the Scout Bobber have similar seating positions and ergonomics? In other words, is a test ride of a Scout going to tell me if I'll like the ride and feel of a Scout Bobber?

Thx.

·
Registered
57 Posts
IMHO, no. I went in to test ride a Bobber in 2019 and ended up buying a regular Scout after test riding it. For me, the comfort difference was staggering.

·
Registered
662 Posts
IMHO, no. I went in to test ride a Bobber in 2019 and ended up buying a regular Scout after test riding it. For me, the comfort difference was staggering.
I second that. Ride both, they are very different concerning the seating position!

·
Registered
2022 Indian Scout Rogue (Black Metallic ABS))
27 Posts
I'm interested in test riding a Scout Bobber but the dealers around me don't have any they will let me demo... they do have a Scout I can demo ride.

My question: Do the Scout and the Scout Bobber have similar seating positions and ergonomics? In other words, is a test ride of a Scout going to tell me if I'll like the ride and feel of a Scout Bobber?

Thx.
they are very different ergonomics...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thx. I thought so but wanted to confirm... I had one dealer tell me they were the same and I should/could test ride a Scout to see if I would like the ride and feel of the Bobber. I guess they will say anything for a potential sale.

·
Rider
2,025 Posts
The bobber is what it is and the improved styling invariably means ride comfort has been compromised. Many people find themselves having to spend time and dime to claw some of the comfort back usually starting off with suspension.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I rented a bobber for a few days and ergonomically, it felt like my scout 60. If this is the first scout like bike you have ridden, then the scout is a decent stand-in for the bobber. However, if you are looking for the small difference between a scout and a bobber, then you need to try an actual bobber.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts