Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For any of the Tennessee folks on here, is there any travel restrictions to or from your state? I've had a trip planned for months down to Knoxville with some friends. Road closures or any other travel information would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Read Only
416 Posts
Nothing closed except the GSMP and I believe the Cherohala Skyway was closed but there is a report it has been reopened, at least on the NC side. Some information:

As for the main travel roads, state roads, county roads, etc, no closures. Gas stations are open as well as some fast food places (drive through only). The Governor has released orders for orderly, planned return to normal starting this week. Knoxville and Knox County have their own plans so some restaurants you were planning to visit may still be closed in the dining area but open for pick-up/curb side.

There have been a LOT of riders over the past couple of weeks on the sunny days. I live just off one leg of the Devil's Triangle and there has been plenty of motorcycle traffic. If you are staying with friends, you may want to verify that their work location is good with them having out of state company. There are a lot of state/federal employers here in the area and restrictions for visiting and having friends visit can put a damper on them reporting to work.

Otherwise, it's a great time of year for riding in East TN. Have a good, safe visit.

·
Bronze member
1,955 Posts
You might want to find out about Kentucky if you were planning to go through there on your way to Tennessee. Kentucky’s governor had some kind of interstate travel ban order going on.

·
Bronze member
3,355 Posts
You might want to find out about Kentucky if you were planning to go through there on your way to Tennessee. Kentucky’s governor had some kind of interstate travel ban order going on.
how does he get by the commerce clause?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Traveled from Indy to Northeast MS and back this past weekend. Did a mix of interstate, backroads and Natchez Trace Parkway. No issues and I think things are opening up more this weekend. Be prepared to eat takeout, hotel check in policies have changed but still not an issue. Also be prepared for some rest rooms to be closed. Some gas stations have electricity ted to close them.

·
Rider
1,225 Posts
Heard the same thing last night.

BD

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I plan on staying in a hotel. Really, my only concern is whether or not there is a self quarantine period for out of state folks.

·
Bronze member
1,955 Posts
how does he get by the commerce clause?
I only know a lawsuit was filed. And I think there was some leeway for State line residents.
Crazy stuff anyhow.

I would doubt there are any quarantines.
Here in North Alabama I’ve seen Colorado and New York license plates, both are fairly common anyhow; likewise Texas and Indiana.
All those places are much worse for the virus than here.

Sounds like most, if not all, attractions in Tennessee remain shut down.
Just like the news stories here I thought the month of May was going to be different, and I’m not so sure. Just sounded like Tennessee was going for a re-opening of things too.
I was surprised to see smoky mountains staying closed, and Gatlinburg and surrounding areas seem very iffy on what’s open or not.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Following, I have a trip in May from FL to TN to ride non-flat-straight roads. I was worried state park roads were closed.

·
Bronze member
1,955 Posts
National Park Service is saying Great Smoky Mountains is opening May 9, in phases. Don’t know the details.

And I see Cherohala Skyway has reopened. Although not likely for every type of business around there.

Here in Alabama the Cheaha Park (Mount Cheaha, highest elevation) is also partially open.
Good scenic roads there.

Little River Canyon in the north east corner of the state appears to be closed until further notice.

Obviously the month of May is going to be a gamble wherever you go.

Reactions: UnMonkey

·
Bronze member
2,990 Posts
Right now,here in Glorius Taxachusetts,we also have a travel ban,and it's called "RAIN" and we've had WAY TOO MUCH of it as of late!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts