Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my 2010 ANSS Vision, I honestly believed I would never part with her. I thought maybe I might have a few more bikes left in my future, but always as an addition to, not a replacement for Nessie. Then two weeks ago, I stumbled across this:

http://www.americanbagger.com/pdf/schonsvisionbike.pdf

After twisting in the breeze for the last 13 days and seeking the counsel of everyone I could think of, I finally succumbed to temptation.

I wanted to publicly thank Mr. Schon for his generosity in giving me a deal on this motorcycle. Thanks, too, to everyone at Arlen's for making this happen.

In addition to all the things I'm grateful for, I am also thankful that Dave Lau lives in Hawaii or he would have cockroached this bad boy right out from under me.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

We love our Visions....I'm glad she found a good home!! Yes, I came very close to snatching her up!! Ride safe dude, you really have a one of a kind bike!!

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL !!!!

As soon as we last talked, I told the Redhead you were a 15€ price reduction away from sold on that beauty.

Personally, I believe if he added a handful of his quitar pics to the last price you wrote about, he would have had you that day.

Good choice. If you are dead set on keeping one of these forever, Mr Schon's ride suits your style best.

Hard as I looked for flaws in the deal, my only question was, 'Is that Purple Dark enough for a Ravens fan?' Add the S&S Cams and 114' kit? Hell, the purple could have been Barbie Doll Pink and I would still think it was a good deal.

Remember, if the Nordic blonde catches you playing guitar on that thing in the garage, drunk at midnight, even once, it's back on your medication for you mister!

Congrats Guitarman,

Keith

PS: Is it possible for a Forum owner to change the Name; Nessie044 to Nessie014,without losing all the connections to your past posts ? Guru?

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Visions are beautiful bikes. With creativity and much $$$ you have a canvas ready for a masterpiece. Awesome looking bike. Thanks for sharing.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to all my fellow VOGsters for the kind words. I wrestled with even putting up this thread because of how it might come across, but Neal and Ness did such a splendid job on it, I felt like I had to post it. She's a beauty, but we'll see how she looks after getting 50K hard miles on her. LOL.

I would like to share a cautionary tale. I've never been a real big <em>Deus Ex Machina</em> kind of guy, but my recent experience with Nessie044 has caused me to reconsider my position.

I do not say this with any sort of pride, but in 40 years of riding, I have never dropped a bike on the street (plenty of dirt rash in my younger days, though). I don't count the 'Wino Incident' oft-referenced by brother Keith because, while Nessie was in motion, I was standing still. But that streak came to an end a week ago. Thankfully, it was in a parking lot and the tip-overs worked exactly as advertised. Anyway, a little while back, I put up a post about a night of Vision Frenzy that involved showing off the TO protection to a lot of people that day. The demonstrations continued throughout the rest of the weekend and I probably layed Nessie over 8 times in a couple of days.

I don't know how, but Nessie just <em>knew</em> that I was flirting with another Vision. That and the excessive tippage was just too much for the poor girl. It was as if she was saying, 'You've been throwing me over all weekend. Let's see how you like it.' And down we went.

So I guess the moral to this story is, if you're a Vision Pilot and your eye starts to wander, be VERY careful about hurting your Vision's feelings. Along with everything else that's special about them, Visions have a spooky kind of sentience lurking deep within them.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fantastic ride my friend! I for one can never comment derisively about someone's purchasing decisions as I have bought most of my bikes simply because (A) I wanted them at the time, and (B) I could afford them at the time. Buying a bike is not the place to use common sense...as long as you can feel comfortable with point 'B' above.
Ride on my friend.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts