Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 85 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://youtu.be/XTzo8RL4wnQ
If you can watch this and say you don't want an Indian then all I can say is your crazy....

I want one I want one I want one....... Repeat if necessary.....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well if that makes you want one, you'd better stay away from the demo events. I'm gonna ride the wheels off of my XC before I get serious about an Indian.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
11513 said:
Well if that makes you want one, you'd better stay away from the demo events. I'm gonna ride the wheels off of my XC before I get serious about an Indian.
I am with you ! i like the fact my CCT looks like a new bike. not a vintage one. I will get the indian someday , but i dont buy a first model year anything....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not to be flamed but I DON'T want one. I prefer an all blacked out look and no conchos but that is just me. Not being rude it's just my taste.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Glad you like it Rob. Me, I wouldn't trade my 2012 CCT even for it. Not sure why Polaris put the Bozo face on the Chieftan since they've already gone down that road with the Vision.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
2847 said:
Glad you like it Rob. Me, I wouldn't trade my 2012 CCT even for it. Not sure why Polaris put the Bozo face on the Chieftan since they've already gone down that road with the Vision. 
The Vision grew on me. I guess I am getting old cause I really like the bold look of the chieftain fairing in combination with the old school look of the rest of the bike. I will wait until they add a trunk and lowers.

The trunk and lowers are what really sold me on my XCT .... And it's been amazing in the wind management area.
I been out in light rain twice now on the way home from work. It's an hr ride. And both times I arrived home dry.... It's hard to beat that..... I am not that fussy on the 106. I would like to have more low end torque and better exhaust note.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I love the remote lock/unlock feature!!! That is AWESOME! I hate having to get off and then take my key and lock both saddle bags. it takes too long. I also like the adjustable windscreen which I wish we could get on the XC. Keyless start is nice, but not necessary for me. I've been used to putting a key in an ignition for 15 years I can keep on doing it, it's not a big hassle

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
19748 said:
The Vision grew on me. I guess I am getting old cause I really like the bold look of the chieftain fairing in combination with the old school look of the rest of the bike. I will wait until they add a trunk and lowers. The trunk and lowers are what really sold me on my XCT .... And it's been amazing in the wind management area. I been out in light rain twice now on the way home from work. It's an hr ride. And both times I arrived home dry.... It's hard to beat that..... I am not that fussy on the 106. I would like to have more low end torque and better exhaust note.
It was 34 degress when I rode an hour to my dealer on Friday evening. I didn't even need to turn on the CCT heated seat or grips. You are correct, the CCT has awesome wind management and is also awesome in the rain.

Lloyds DR cams + Lloyds air filter + Lloyds timing wheel + Lloyds 1/4 turn throttle ring + Tri Oval mufflers + Power Commander V + dyno tune by Rylan Vos at The Vic Shop = +30hp, +30ft/lbs of torque +3mpg +NO felt engine/exhaust heat on your butt, legs or feet. For me, this turned a great motorcycle into one I could easily live with for the rest of my days. Well...the XM radio option helped with the livability factor as well.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[attachment='23530:view']2013-11-24_151916.jpg[/attachment]
12769 said:
Not to be flamed but I DON'T want one. I prefer an all blacked out look and no conchos but that is just me. Not being rude it's just my taste.
I myself love the old retro look, and still cant bring myself to like these new Indians, just dont think they got the right look happening. ie- two long and big and some modern features that dont sit right. they say beauty is in the eye of the....for me i would prefer a triumph bonneville.. Now i am not saying there ugly, far from it, very nice bike and motor and a good package. In all honesty that video bored me within the first minute, same sales pitch you hear all the time from polaris spokespeople. As much as i love my vic, i have been getting the retro urge big time lately and was real excited to see the release of the indians, but them triumphs almost have me selling my hardball to go that route again..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
To those who don't feel the Indians are for them, that's fine. Whatever floats your boat is the right bike for you. I sold my '13 XCT and bought a red Chieftain in October. I have always loved the Indian brand and was hoping I could buy one someday at an affordable price. That time has come, finally. I simply love everything about the bike. It's quite different from the XCT, a bike I also think is great, but the Chieftain is more my style. Great fit and finish, lots of chrome, retro style, remote ignition, great stereo, and other things. I'm just waiting for some accessories and the bike's complete. If retro looks and big fenders are not for you, Victory makes plenty of different bikes to suit your style. Every bike has it's fans and detractors. The point is that we all love motorcycles.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
2847 said:
The 'Bozo' face works very well with no buffeting and good bad weather coverage, especially with the adjustable windscreen. And,in my opinion looks good too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
19853 said:
The 'Bozo' face works very well with no buffeting and good bad weather coverage, especially with the adjustable windscreen. And,in my opinion looks good too.
I have to agree that this Indian fairing works well. While I've just done demo rides, I was impressed how the bike did not buffet/waffle like my XC's did at upper highway speeds without having to add different windshieds / lowers, etc . No doubt the XCT's resolved all those issues. I just like air. IMHO the Chieftain can do this without lowers or too many windshield variations.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I watched the video and it didn't make me want to buy one, it just made me dizzy. There's a reason professional cameramen are worth their pay! Lol. It also put's me off when someone it trying to pump their company up by pretending their competitors aren't even worthy of mentioning by name, 'I know a guy that rides one of our sister company's bikes with 156,000 miles' 'The industry leader's bikes have belts on the left side'...Eh, just say Victory and Harley.
As for the bikes I rode them and was impressed. But I guess I was expecting to ride somwething that I'd like so much I'd want to trade my Victory in on one and it just didn't happen. I had a two hour ride home to think about it after the demo and it was kind of confusing because I've always loved Indians, always thought I wanted one. But the conclusion I came to riding home was that if I wanted a bike that looked that much like a 1948 Chief, for about the same money I could get a 1948 Chief. Mechanically speaking Indian knocked it out of the park. Smooth, powerful, comfortable, all the things I look for in a bike, but something was holding me back. And I realised, looks still matter even if that isn't priority #1. What I really want is the modern day version of what Indian would be today had it never folded. Not just mechanically but also in looks. Oh duh, that's the bike I'm riding home on. I guess I'm just a 'Victory guy'. I still reserve my right to change my mind down the road as new models from any brand are introduced though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The bike just doesn't do it for me. And as far as that sewing machine comment, that guy can kiss my @55 ;-). I dont 'need to feel that big v-twin ' to know its there. I just 'twist the wick' and I know its there.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
11706 said:
I myself love the old retro look, and still cant bring myself to like these new Indians, just dont think they got the right look happening. ie- two long and big and some modern features that dont sit right. they say beauty is in the eye of the....for me i would prefer a triumph bonneville.. Now i am not saying there ugly, far from it, very nice bike and motor and a good package. In all honesty that video bored me within the first minute, same sales pitch you hear all the time from polaris spokespeople. As much as i love my vic, i have been getting the retro urge big time lately and was real excited to see the release of the indians, but them triumphs almost have me selling my hardball to go that route again..

I have seen every vid showing the Indian running down the road...
It was that typical sales pitch video that made me want to get on and ride....
Too much talk may be. But it was all the talking that made me want to ride the bike more than seeing it being ridden .....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
19851 said:
This doesn't make me want one. Not my style of bike at all.
Your in Scotland ... Very cool.
It's not for everyone. I think distance traveled, your age and typical weather conditions play a role.
It's been a while since I wanted the wind in my face. So I want total protection from the weather.
Most of my riding is above 70 mph for at least an hr at a time, to and from work. 1 hr each way...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
4902 said:
I watched the video and it didn't make me want to buy one, it just made me dizzy. There's a reason professional cameramen are worth their pay! Lol. It also put's me off when someone it trying to pump their company up by pretending their competitors aren't even worthy of mentioning by name, 'I know a guy that rides one of our sister company's bikes with 156,000 miles' 'The industry leader's bikes have belts on the left side'...Eh, just say Victory and Harley.
As for the bikes I rode them and was impressed. But I guess I was expecting to ride somwething that I'd like so much I'd want to trade my Victory in on one and it just didn't happen. I had a two hour ride home to think about it after the demo and it was kind of confusing because I've always loved Indians, always thought I wanted one. But the conclusion I came to riding home was that if I wanted a bike that looked that much like a 1948 Chief, for about the same money I could get a 1948 Chief. Mechanically speaking Indian knocked it out of the park. Smooth, powerful, comfortable, all the things I look for in a bike, but something was holding me back. And I realised, looks still matter even if that isn't priority #1. What I really want is the modern day version of what Indian would be today had it never folded. Not just mechanically but also in looks. Oh duh, that's the bike I'm riding home on. I guess I'm just a 'Victory guy'. I still reserve my right to change my mind down the road as new models from any brand are introduced though.
That's a good honest opinion.
And the future direction Indian takes might change your mind.....
But you can see who there after..... Oh yeah just say it .....Harley ....

I hope Indian doesn't get to futuristic. I hope Victory will fill that roll and cater more to the younger crowd. Now that Indian is out there Victory should forget about Harley and go after all the other MC companies. There lots of other ass to kick out there....

1 - 20 of 85 Posts