Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
So strange that the axle bolt is metric but adjusting screws are standard. I was wondering why my metric wrench didn’t fit right on the adjusting screws.

·
Silver member
5,505 Posts
Quality control on bolt head sizing? Nah, that’s not a problem here, and there is not a single non-metric bolt on this bike.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Quality control on bolt head sizing? Nah, that’s not a problem here, and there is not a single non-metric bolt on this bike.
Even though a 13 mm fits and works on the adjustment screws, Indian stated it’s a 1/2 inch. I used a 13 mm and it worked fine but just seemed a little bit off to me. Didn’t even think to use a half inch wrench.

·
Registered
589 Posts
That does seem odd...

Reactions: BillyZ1200

·
Silver member
5,505 Posts
I saw that too (finally watched the full video), and my brain just won't comprehend metric bolts with an SAE head...

Serious, I didn't make up that parts list I posted above here.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Maybe the guy who put together the video was like "Hey... this wrench basically fits so I guess that's the one." Weird since 1/2" is smaller than 13mm. It does like it's a tight fit in that video but not exceedingly so.

I do agree, though, that it would be odd for them to drop an SAE bolt onto an otherwise metric bike.

·
Silver member
5,505 Posts
Yeah same, and truth be told, a 13mm spanner fits a little loose.

Just very odd

next time I have my wheel out I will take the bolt/nut out too and measure them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts