Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These were on my 2016 Chief Dark Horse that I traded-in yesterday. $495 shipped via ebay. I've listed these on eBay for one primary reason: The FedEx shipping rates are literally half of what I can get as a walk-in. If you want to do this sale outside of eBay, I can cancel the sale there and do it directly via PayPal but I'll have to raise the price to $550. These set me back $880 total, and they have no more than 100 miles on them.

Here is the description and link to the page:

This is a set of the matte black TCMT replica Indian Chieftain bags that I purchased for $650 about 4 months ago. I had them installed on a 2016 Chief Dark Horse. These are in fantastic condition, the bike was probably ridden about 100 miles with these actually installed.

I am including a set of Osprey security spools that were $100. These were necessary on the Chief model to accept the bags and also a Chieftain backrest.Additionally, the "feet" on the bottoms of the bags have already been fine-tuned in length to properly fit a Chief model, there is about $30 in stainless bolts and spacers on them. They simply rest on the pipes.

The top chrome bezels around the locks are genuine Polaris/Indian. The ones that came with these were plastic, there as the Indian ones are metal. I paid $100 for those.

All in, I have about $880 into these.

If you have a Chief Dark Horse, these should be pretty much plug and play.

Note: The factory Satin paint job on the Dark Horses is not quite a match for these simple matte black bags. Taking advice from internet forums, I simply treated the bags with Mother's Back to Black, which causes the color match to be VERY close. See reference pic of them on my bike (which was traded-in yesterday).

I will include the wiring for the electric locks that is new, you'd just have to splice the wires back onto the leads (I left enough length - I didn't want to try and mess with electric locks on a Chief, so I just clipped them cleanly).

I have an order of appropriate sized boxes on the way (spent $50 on a pack of them). Therefore, I have added a longer handling time estimate. I need appropriate boxes to ship them safely to you. Chances are they will ship in less than 10 business days.

Lastly, these WILL fit a Chieftain, Road Master, or Springfield if that is what you want them for.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just bought them. Thank you.
Good deal, thanks! I'm just waiting for the boxes to come in so I can ship them properly. I tried 3 different stores locally this past weekend, but couldn't find anything applicable so had to resort to eBay. Those should be shipping out today, and as soon as they arrive, I'll be able to get these out the same or next day.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I know I’m late but how did you like these and @Woodstock how do you like them now? Looking at them on eBay but would almost prefer buying through a dealer as I want the electric locks working too. Looked and Indians website but nothing listed for chief dark horse. I like the matching matte look!

·
Registered
132 Posts
I know I’m late but how did you like these and @Woodstock how do you like them now? Looking at them on eBay but would almost prefer buying through a dealer as I want the electric locks working too. Looked and Indians website but nothing listed for chief dark horse. I like the matching matte look!
I have aftermarket bags on my DH and have no complaints. The paint isn't exact but close. I read on another forum where someone used black auto restorer on them and it brought the colors together. I chose not to but the electronic locks work without going to the dealer. Check out the DH forum, alot of answers in there.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts