Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got TCMT hard saddlebags on my chief dark horse. The left latch doesn't latch all the way down unless I push real hard on it. The right one is a giant pain in the butt to get latched. Plus it won't latch all the way. Is there a way to adjust them to get them to latch better? I can deal with the left, but the right is a no go.
Thanks.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Maybe a small flat washer for a spacer to drop lock mechanism down a hair so it can click.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
154 Posts
I took one of the locks apart on a set of tcmt bags last year, it was difficult to latch too. Messed with a few things so not sure exactly which did the trick. One thing was the screws on the side of the latch mechanism were ungodly tight keeping the latch from rotating easily. Didn’t wanna loosen that much but just a tiny smidge made it easier to work. Also moved the striker up a bit to help catch easier. That bag also had a tough time getting open, had to really push the lock in to unlatch. So glued a couple washers onto the long metal piece inside that the lock pushed against to get it to unlatch easier.
Hard to describe from memory and don’t have pics. Just take your time with it. Easiest thing is try to move the striker up first if you can, that doesn’t require taking the lock apart.
The bags I had were on my first indian when it was totaled, haven’t bought another set for my replacement bike yet. They def aren’t the same quality as OEM but for how much cheaper they are well worth it to me.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I took one of the locks apart on a set of tcmt bags last year, it was difficult to latch too. Messed with a few things so not sure exactly which did the trick. One thing was the screws on the side of the latch mechanism were ungodly tight keeping the latch from rotating easily. Didn’t wanna loosen that much but just a tiny smidge made it easier to work. Also moved the striker up a bit to help catch easier. That bag also had a tough time getting open, had to really push the lock in to unlatch. So glued a couple washers onto the long metal piece inside that the lock pushed against to get it to unlatch easier.
Hard to describe from memory and don’t have pics. Just take your time with it. Easiest thing is try to move the striker up first if you can, that doesn’t require taking the lock apart.
The bags I had were on my first indian when it was totaled, haven’t bought another set for my replacement bike yet. They def aren’t the same quality as OEM but for how much cheaper they are well worth it to me.
Gluing the washer is a great idea, I was having issues keeping them in place yesterday.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts