Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a TCMT Chrome Engine Guard Crash Bar. I'm having a 2018 Chief Classic delivered this Saturday and will install the guard/bar right away. The guard/bar didn't come with any install instructions. Is the installation process fairly easy/obvious? Any tips from those who have done it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Oh wait. I had re-read that. Thought you were talking about the rear crash bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
194 Posts
Engine isn’t too bad. Just be cautious of clutch cable and cover up what could possibly be scratched.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Rider
635 Posts
I just got a TCMT Chrome Engine Guard Crash Bar. I'm having a 2018 Chief Classic delivered this Saturday and will install the guard/bar right away. The guard/bar didn't come with any install instructions. Is the installation process fairly easy/obvious? Any tips from those who have done it?

Thanks!
RIGHTY TIGHTY...LEFTY LOOSEY!!

·
Registered
1 Posts

Thanks!
I did it. I fought it a bit, but got it done. It's a bit of a puzzle but you can get it in through the cables by twisting and turning. At one point I was going to give up, then went to the other side of the bike and it almost slid itself in, lol. Mine didn't come with instructions either. I did both front and rear bars. I like the way it looks and my Mustache bar gives me a place to put my big feet on the road.
20180526_125005.jpg
20180526_125013.jpg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts