Do you like Bikes with Tassels

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If more yes than no, then I concede to your apparent better taste, but I will not be fitting them as a forfeit!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Seats, bags & jackets, Yes.

Bar ends, floorboards & fenders, No.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Rider
958 Posts
I had them on bags, grips and levers, never liked them on floor boards or fenders.

But now I cut them all off, including the bags and seat. no more tassels for me. Wife wasn't happy stating that they belong on an Indian, and I do agree, one bike they do fit nicely is the vintage.

No I'm sporting the clean cut look.

·
Silver member
3,319 Posts
@NI Bob - good to see this poll. I assume you will put up a poll about fringe now, which is of course a very different question, and even more important to settle once and for all. Thank you for your service to the greater Indian Motorcycle community.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@NI Bob - good to see this poll. I assume you will put up a poll about fringe now, which is of course a very different question, and even more important to settle once and for all. Thank you for your service to the greater Indian Motorcycle community.
I was referring to all things tassels and fringes included, should have made that clear, sorry.

·
Rider
874 Posts
I think tassels and fringe need a better climate than we get in the UK to keep looking good, so they're not for me.

·
Silver member
3,810 Posts
I had tassels that were about 15-18 inches long on the end of the grips on my '01 Heritage Springer. The bike was kind of old school cool like the Vintage, so they looked like they belonged on the bike. Problem was, on the slab they'd whip my forearms, so long sleeves were necessary. But hey, small price to pay for "kewl" LOL.

Attachments

·
Founding member / distinguished
5,229 Posts
I'm only 'against them' on my own bikes, what others do is entirely their business.

I don't feel that they necessarily look bad on certain machines, and if ever a particular bike might look good with them, it would definitely be a full-fendered Indian Chief.

·
Rider
811 Posts
NI Bob, what’s your issue with fringe? This is your second post about it. Yeah, we know you don’t like it, so what. Let’s move on. Get over it.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
NI Bob, what’s your issue with fringe? This is your second post about it. Yeah, we know you don’t like it, so what. Let’s move on. Get over it.
I have no issues, it’s just a bit of banter, it’s a wind up, a laugh, but you guys get sensitive and keep adding posts. I thought you lot had a sense of humour and certainly did not take you for snowflakes, I thought you were made of tougher stuff over there. I apologise for any upset I’ve caused and I mean that sincerely as I like this forum and do not want to fall out with you all.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts