Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone remove the warning label on the tank? If so, what did you use? I'm sick of looking at that sticker- couldn't Indian have put that in a better place?

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,075 Posts
I used the wife's hair dryer to heat the sticker then Peeled it off. Also used w d 40 to remove the glue.

·
Not for much longer
405 Posts
There are a few earlier threads about this. You can do a search and find several ways it has been done,

·
Bronze member
1,529 Posts
Just lift up a corner with your finger nail and SLOWLY with even pressure peel that Mo-Fo off!! You can thank the lawyers for that!!!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
100 years from now, that tank sticker will be worth millions

·
Registered
2 Posts
anyone remove the warning label on the tank? If so, what did you use? I'm sick of looking at that sticker- couldn't Indian have put that in a better place?
I used liquid called sticky stuff remover. It's like an orange smelling liquid that you rub over the sticker, give it a good soaking, then rub it off with your thumb or peel it off gently, do not, scrape. Polish after woods to clean up the residue.

·
Banned
5,398 Posts
That sticker removal will get you jail time ...........just like the mattress tag removal does. Don't do it. Don't risk a criminal record. The Polaris Sticker Police are now many and mobile. You will get caught. Ride only after midnight until dawn. Keep garaged if you do. And speak of this to nobody .............not even your intimate partner (s)

·
Silver member
3,423 Posts
Get the bike custom painted, he'll remove the sticker. Little expensive way to get that thing off.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts