Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Scout 60 and love it.....when I ride with leather it tends to scuff the tank. I have looked in to clear tank wraps and pads but I really don't want to use them. It would take away from the beauty of the tank. Has anyone found a solution to this issue? I know others have had the same problem. I have been looking in to a way of covering my leather chaps with soft material while riding. I would need to cover from my upper thigh to just below the knee. I found something called Knee-Necks and they would work and give extra warmth. Also cut down extra large leg warmers in black or extra large athletic knee wraps. It would be great to be able to remove what ever I would wrap the chaps easily. Another idea is to use a magnetic sheet and cut tank guards that could be removed. I am sure someone who can sew really well could make some type of knee thigh removable wraps.
Below is a picture of my bike as you can see the black is what scuffs.
Any solutions out there......ideas or thoughts? thank you in advance.

·
Rider
737 Posts
I remember seeing a tank bib years back on a dresser that had coverage over this area and the whole thing was held on with rare earth magnets. It was well made so I'm certain someone out there is making them.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I remember seeing a tank bib years back on a dresser that had coverage over this area and the whole thing was held on with rare earth magnets. It was well made so I'm certain someone out there is making them.
Thank you TPcreeper.......I remember seeing them as well but I have yet found on for a Scout.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you MOMZ, I am actually working on wrapping my knee area and securing them with velco. thank you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts