Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Great questions. That looks like a sweet set-up it's going to look great when complete. From looking at your pics provided of your fender setup it looks like the tank machine part would work.
My ordering process with Tank Machine is a long-a** story. In summary, Tank Machine offers the PayPal option as a result from my order. Originally, I made the order through the website (use search engine Google for it's translating feature) and used my bank credentials to complete order. The order was received by Tank, however, my personal bank flagged the transaction as suspicious and denied order. I contacted my bank, cleared the issue and cleared for future transactions. I contacted Tank through email and explained the mix-up caused by bank regulations. Tank instructed me to reorder for a new order ticket to be processed. I reordered, but again funds were not approved and were flagged by the bank. I contacted bank and Tank a second time. I chose to use another bank but again had issues transferring the funds and completing the transaction to Tank Machine. Through email, Tank Machine wanted me to wire the money directly from my bank to the Tank bank. Of course, my bank would not authorize the transaction. The situation was caused by two issues. One, the banks I chose to use suck, and Two, Tank Machine website had a fault within the design layout (or something supposedly). Here's where it gets awesome. A member of Tank Machine named "William" called me directly from Paris, France to discuss my order and what we could do to get it done. Now Yes! They want their money, but I saw this as Tank putting in the extra effort and going the extra mile. The gentleman I spoke with "William" called me 2 separate days to discuss the order and spoke English extremely well even for a poor listener as myself. In the end, Tank contacted me and said that they would start offering PayPal for online transactions. Within a day PayPal was offered on the website. I ordered again and received all my goodies roughly 7-10 days later. Awesome service, products arrived protected and perfect condition. All parts and components and instructions were delivered (except directions in French). Products themselves are quality machined. The only complaint is that I assumed that the rear quarter-fender I was ordering was made of metal, not the composite/plastic piece received.
Not sure on what is being asked from Tank concerning your order. $227 (199 Euro) is not a bad price, but it's not a great price either.

Ordered this part today . Used Paypal to avoid any hassles . Hopefully it will work on my 9" fender with out any modifications
Pince fixation Garde boue arrière Tank Machine - Tankmachine
pince-fixation-garde-boue-arriere-tank-machine.jpg

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
HEY! Heads-up. Whenever you finalize the mounting of the Indian Headdress let us know how it goes. Currently, I'm attempting to mount the Indian Headdress to my front fender. However, when mounting the headdress, the rubber gasket that sits between the fender and headdress is not flush all around and has gaps as well. I have bored out the holes in the fender to allow for more play. Also. I have rebent part of the metal cover near the bolt locations. My only thought is to use 2 gaskets and hopes it closes up all gaps and creates a uniform appearance. Otherwise, I could just run without the rubber gasket. Let me know your thoughts if the headdress becomes an issue for you.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
HEY! Heads-up. Whenever you finalize the mounting of the Indian Headdress let us know how it goes. Currently, I'm attempting to mount the Indian Headdress to my front fender. However, when mounting the headdress, the rubber gasket that sits between the fender and headdress is not flush all around and has gaps as well. I have bored out the holes in the fender to allow for more play. Also. I have rebent part of the metal cover near the bolt locations. My only thought is to use 2 gaskets and hopes it closes up all gaps and creates a uniform appearance. Otherwise, I could just run without the rubber gasket. Let me know your thoughts if the headdress becomes an issue for you.
*****REPLY TO POST # 19 daveholl*****

·
Registered
707 Posts
I will

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for the information and sharing your experience with Tank Machine.
I purchased the same exact rear fender kit this past weekend along with the close-off cover. I have to agree that working with Tank Machine has been a pleasure thus far, they were prompt on getting the order shipped and had good communication (thanks to google translate).
I have to admit, I too did not know the fender was not metal.!! I'm a little disappointed to hear that.
How was the install... 1 through 5.? Five being most difficult.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Thanks for the information and sharing your experience with Tank Machine.
I purchased the same exact rear fender kit this past weekend along with the close-off cover. I have to agree that working with Tank Machine has been a pleasure thus far, they were prompt on getting the order shipped and had good communication (thanks to google translate).
I have to admit, I too did not know the fender was not metal.!! I'm a little disappointed to hear that.
How was the install... 1 through 5.? Five being most difficult.
As mentioned in a prior post, one of the fender bolts (right side lower shock bolt) sent from Tank Machine was too long and touched my rear brake disc. Solution? I bought a "Dremel" tool and just cut off a majority of the bolt head. Install is fairly simple with the pictures provided by Tank Machine. I would give it a 2 or 3 depending on experience with removing and reinstalling the rear wheel. Advice is to install the close-off cover, then assemble the rear fender kit. Attach the Tank Machine piece (POST # 21) to the lower part of the swing arm (directly in front of the rear tire) leaving the pin-screws semi-tight. Reinstall the tire and secure. Then with the tire buttoned down, you can do a final alignment of the fender and Tank Machine piece (moving it left or right to align with tire). If any questions come up let me know. I had an issue with the fender being to close to the tire but it was a simple fix. Best of Luck

·
Registered
13 Posts
As mentioned in a prior post, one of the fender bolts (right side lower shock bolt) sent from Tank Machine was too long and touched my rear brake disc. Solution? I bought a "Dremel" tool and just cut off a majority of the bolt head. Install is fairly simple with the pictures provided by Tank Machine. I would give it a 2 or 3 depending on experience with removing and reinstalling the rear wheel. Advice is to install the close-off cover, then assemble the rear fender kit. Attach the Tank Machine piece (POST # 21) to the lower part of the swing arm (directly in front of the rear tire) leaving the pin-screws semi-tight. Reinstall the tire and secure. Then with the tire buttoned down, you can do a final alignment of the fender and Tank Machine piece (moving it left or right to align with tire). If any questions come up let me know. I had an issue with the fender being to close to the tire but it was a simple fix. Best of Luck
Hey Stone612.
I started the install of the Tank Machine rear fender and it's gone pretty smoothly to this point but I did notice that I may be missing a part. What did you do for the rear solo seat closeoff (see picture). I took the original off the stock bobber fender but it wo t seem to work. Any advise.?
20190211_215548.jpg
20190211_215556.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Hey Stone612.
I started the install of the Tank Machine rear fender and it's gone pretty smoothly to this point but I did notice that I may be missing a part. What did you do for the rear solo seat closeoff (see picture). I took the original off the stock bobber fender but it wo t seem to work. Any advise.?
View attachment 465232 View attachment 465234
This is an easy fix. What you have in the picture is the Bobber Seat Panel Bracket (Kit # 2880905). What you need is a Bobber Seat Panel Bracket # 5261221. Yes, both share the same name but they come in different kits or packages. I received mine with my order of the Bobber Seat Kit (1920's solo seat). I hope these pictures help explain
upload_2019-2-20_13-57-31.jpeg

upload_2019-2-20_13-58-27.jpeg

upload_2019-2-20_13-59-30.jpeg

·
Registered
1 Posts
I originally called to order there 240 skull rear fender to accommodate my 240mm rear tire but they would not sell me the fenders without purchasing there wheels. They are asking 1119.00 for the fender , 5021.00 for the wheels and 685.00 if ordering tires plus shipping . After seeing those prices the RC Component wheels ,tires and matching rotors I ordered seamed like a steal but I would have ordered the rear fender if I was not required to buy wheels from them .
Hey daveholl- I see you have a 240mm on your scout. What was required? Did you have to order the “kit” or did you just order a 8.5” wheel? I’m really curious about this. I want a 240mm for my octane- hoping I can just order a 8.5” wheel that fits. I’ll worry about the fender once I achieve the 240mm mounted and working on my bike. All info would be appreciated!!!

·
Registered
707 Posts
Hey daveholl- I see you have a 240mm on your scout. What was required? Did you have to order the “kit” or did you just order a 8.5” wheel? I’m really curious about this. I want a 240mm for my octane- hoping I can just order a 8.5” wheel that fits. I’ll worry about the fender once I achieve the 240mm mounted and working on my bike. All info would be appreciated!!!
I ordered the Wheel kit from RC Component . Its come with needed bushing/ washers that shift the wheel belt pulley slightly out. On the Bobber the belt pulley needs to move to the left for the 240mm wheel to fit . If the Octane uses the same Swing Arm as the Scout you would need the busing kit .

RC Componants full kit comes with wheel, fender and more but I just ordered what I needed with no fender

I would think you would need to replace your rear fender or go fender-less for a 240mm to work.

Keep in mind that 240mm tires from different manufactures very in how wide they are , AVON 240mm tires are wider then a Metzeler 240mm tires because the side wall stick out. With my Metzeler tire I have about 1/8 of a gap between the belt and tire. I was told from RC Component that If I used the Avons I would need to make some changes to get it to fit

You can get a few more details on my build / wheels / fender at Custom Indian Scout Bobber | Indian Motorcycle Forum (indianmotorcycles.net)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey everyone,
The following is just an informational piece on my experience ordering from Tank Machine.
I ordered and received a rear-fender kit, instructions and parts were included and all contents were securely and safely packaged and delivered with exceptional customer service and delivery speed. As previously mentioned in a similar post, the parts are expensive, instructions are only in the French language. I have attached pictures in hope that you the reader find useful or informative. If not then all the same, just wanted to put this info out to everyone. Ride Safe.
View attachment 461098
View attachment 461100
View attachment 461102
View attachment 461104
View attachment 461106
View attachment 461108
View attachment 461110
View attachment 461112
View attachment 461114
Hey everyone,
The following is just an informational piece on my experience ordering from Tank Machine.
I ordered and received a rear-fender kit, instructions and parts were included and all contents were securely and safely packaged and delivered with exceptional customer service and delivery speed. As previously mentioned in a similar post, the parts are expensive, instructions are only in the French language. I have attached pictures in hope that you the reader find useful or informative. If not then all the same, just wanted to put this info out to everyone. Ride Safe.
View attachment 461098
View attachment 461100
View attachment 461102
View attachment 461104
View attachment 461106
View attachment 461108
View attachment 461110
View attachment 461112
View attachment 461114
Any thoughts if this kit still works on 2021 models? I haven’t been able to get in touch with tank machine but would like to order. Also wondered if it could fit a 200 mm rear.

build looks awesome by the way

21 - 33 of 33 Posts