Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
The following is just an informational piece on my experience ordering from Tank Machine.
I ordered and received a rear-fender kit, instructions and parts were included and all contents were securely and safely packaged and delivered with exceptional customer service and delivery speed. As previously mentioned in a similar post, the parts are expensive, instructions are only in the French language. I have attached pictures in hope that you the reader find useful or informative. If not then all the same, just wanted to put this info out to everyone. Ride Safe.
upload_2019-1-28_18-14-25.jpeg

upload_2019-1-28_18-14-37.jpeg

upload_2019-1-28_18-14-54.jpeg

upload_2019-1-28_18-15-9.jpeg

upload_2019-1-28_18-15-25.jpeg

upload_2019-1-28_18-15-41.jpeg

upload_2019-1-28_18-15-54.jpeg

upload_2019-1-28_18-16-7.jpeg

upload_2019-1-28_18-16-54.jpeg

·
Bronze member
1,457 Posts
Very nice. Tank machine makes some nice stuff. I remember on choppers we would install the “ Limp Sausage” taillight. Looked really cool. I assume you are going to install a side lic plate holder. Either way, nice looking ride. IMO, I would put a Small partial cover over the drive pulley . Just to keep gravel out.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Very nice. Tank machine makes some nice stuff. I remember on choppers we would install the “ Limp Sausage” taillight. Looked really cool. I assume you are going to install a side lic plate holder. Either way, nice looking ride. IMO, I would put a Small partial cover over the drive pulley . Just to keep gravel out.
I originally called to order there 240 skull rear fender to accommodate my 240mm rear tire but they would not sell me the fenders without purchasing there wheels. They are asking 1119.00 for the fender , 5021.00 for the wheels and 685.00 if ordering tires plus shipping . After seeing those prices the RC Component wheels ,tires and matching rotors I ordered seamed like a steal but I would have ordered the rear fender if I was not required to buy wheels from them .

·
Bronze member
1,161 Posts
Hey everyone,
The following is just an informational piece on my experience ordering from Tank Machine.
I ordered and received a rear-fender kit, instructions and parts were included and all contents were securely and safely packaged and delivered with exceptional customer service and delivery speed. As previously mentioned in a similar post, the parts are expensive, instructions are only in the French language. I have attached pictures in hope that you the reader find useful or informative. If not then all the same, just wanted to put this info out to everyone. Ride Safe.
If you are happy with the product, and service

Awesome

If you cannot fabricate yourself, you have to pay for someone else... truth.

And that bike looks awesome

·
Bronze member
1,498 Posts
Your bike looks SaaaaWEET! Thanks for taking the time and effort to post the photos!

Out of curiosity, how much did that kit cost (with shipping)? Is the seat comfy? Was it easy to wire the brake light?

·
Bronze member
1,498 Posts
I wonder why no one in the States sells a fender like that? Since it's made in a foreign country, it can't be copyright or patent infringement issues, right? Wrong?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wonder why no one in the States sells a fender like that? Since it's made in a foreign country, it can't be copyright or patent infringement issues, right? Wrong?
It's true, I did some research into aftermarket parts and found little luck, therefore, I saved up my Mario Coins to buy from Tank Machine. Unsure about other question regarding copyright issues, above my pay grade.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Your bike looks SaaaaWEET! Thanks for taking the time and effort to post the photos!

Out of curiosity, how much did that kit cost (with shipping)? Is the seat comfy? Was it easy to wire the brake light?
Great questions. I only ordered the 2 parts: rear quarter fender, and the frame insert (both shown in picture 2 or picture 1 the two on the right). The total price through PayPal was 1252.96 Euros / 1,478.44 Dollars (Sep.18 Conversion Rate). Today would cost 1,431.45 Dollars if products are still advertised at the original price. The seat is from my local Indian dealership; 1920 Solo Seat Black. I had already purchased it along with other parts such as the LED Flex Light Strip, which I order 3 different kids until I found one in the picture. Honestly, from my research and homework, I found great products on Amazon, local stores like J&P Cycles, and my Indian dealership. This particular brake light is sufficient, it's not great, but it's doing the job for now. The biggest issue was that this LED light had 5 wires that were the smallest gauge imaginable. Ultimately leading to much frustration involving a few test-runs to finalize and work out any bugs in the system. Basically, because the 5 wires are so brittle and fine. However, if I had used the Camtex connectors more efficiently (correctly) the connection of the 5 microscopic wires would have been a breeze and cut-the-time in half.
And Thank You for the positive feedback and questions/comments.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I originally called to order there 240 skull rear fender to accommodate my 240mm rear tire but they would not sell me the fenders without purchasing there wheels. They are asking 1119.00 for the fender , 5021.00 for the wheels and 685.00 if ordering tires plus shipping . After seeing those prices the RC Component wheels ,tires and matching rotors I ordered seamed like a steal but I would have ordered the rear fender if I was not required to buy wheels from them .
That situation sounds sketchy and just sucks overall. Personally, I only order the 2 products from Tank Machine. Yes! Definitely overpriced. However, the quality and service was/is outstanding. One Exception is as stated in a similar post I'm disappointed that the rear fender is not metal. My ignorant self assumed it would be metal, but it's still a great product as long as the plastic/composite is ideal for your bike.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the feedback. I have the L.P. installed muffler side, and have been thinking of covering up some parts of the belt drive.

·
Bronze member
1,498 Posts
What brand rear tire is on your bike? Size? Did the "Indian" lettering come in white or did you paint it somehow?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What brand rear tire is on your bike? Size? Did the "Indian" lettering come in white or did you paint it somehow?
Tires are still stock, I've only logged 1500 miles since purchase. The Indian lettering was done using a paint pen. Tires are "Kenda" rear: K761F 150/80-16 71H

·
Registered
707 Posts
Stone612 Your third pic shows a lower fender mounting clamp . From the picture it looks like this part would work for my new rear fender. The clamp seems to follow the shape of the swing arm . I emailed Tank machine asking for a price and there responded with a 199eu price . I have included a few pics of my fender . Do you think this part would work with my set up? Also did you call to order? Do they speak English? What was your order process like ? There email to me asked" Please send us your purchase invoice" Are they asking for shipping info and credit card info
upload_2019-1-28_18-14-54.jpeg.jpg
IMG_2298.jpg
IMG_2300.jpg
IMG_2301.jpg

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Stone612 Your third pic shows a lower fender mounting clamp . From the picture it looks like this part would work for my new rear fender. The clamp seems to follow the shape of the swing arm . I emailed Tank machine asking for a price and there responded with a 199eu price . I have included a few pics of my fender . Do you think this part would work with my set up? Also did you call to order? Do they speak English? What was your order process like ? There email to me asked" Please send us your purchase invoice" Are they asking for shipping info and credit card info
View attachment 462032 View attachment 462034 View attachment 462036 View attachment 462038
Great questions. That looks like a sweet set-up it's going to look great when complete. From looking at your pics provided of your fender setup it looks like the tank machine part would work.
My ordering process with Tank Machine is a long-a** story. In summary, Tank Machine offers the PayPal option as a result from my order. Originally, I made the order through the website (use search engine Google for it's translating feature) and used my bank credentials to complete order. The order was received by Tank, however, my personal bank flagged the transaction as suspicious and denied order. I contacted my bank, cleared the issue and cleared for future transactions. I contacted Tank through email and explained the mix-up caused by bank regulations. Tank instructed me to reorder for a new order ticket to be processed. I reordered, but again funds were not approved and were flagged by the bank. I contacted bank and Tank a second time. I chose to use another bank but again had issues transferring the funds and completing the transaction to Tank Machine. Through email, Tank Machine wanted me to wire the money directly from my bank to the Tank bank. Of course, my bank would not authorize the transaction. The situation was caused by two issues. One, the banks I chose to use suck, and Two, Tank Machine website had a fault within the design layout (or something supposedly). Here's where it gets awesome. A member of Tank Machine named "William" called me directly from Paris, France to discuss my order and what we could do to get it done. Now Yes! They want their money, but I saw this as Tank putting in the extra effort and going the extra mile. The gentleman I spoke with "William" called me 2 separate days to discuss the order and spoke English extremely well even for a poor listener as myself. In the end, Tank contacted me and said that they would start offering PayPal for online transactions. Within a day PayPal was offered on the website. I ordered again and received all my goodies roughly 7-10 days later. Awesome service, products arrived protected and perfect condition. All parts and components and instructions were delivered (except directions in French). Products themselves are quality machined. The only complaint is that I assumed that the rear quarter-fender I was ordering was made of metal, not the composite/plastic piece received.
Not sure on what is being asked from Tank concerning your order. $227 (199 Euro) is not a bad price, but it's not a great price either.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts