Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone with a Scout picked one up yet? I'm looking into this as an option for when I get the bike. I'd like to be able to use my GPS or even my gigantic phone as my GPS so I'd want a front view window so I can see where I need to go :)

I've been looking around and really like this MotoCentric bag, but it appears to no longer be made and nobody has the magnetic version that I'd want: MotoCentric Smart Space GPS Tank Bag - Motorcycle Superstore

Any other suggestions on bags that you've seen? Not really into buying the Indian branded one, price and looks aren't what I'm looking for with it.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Yep. I use an old one that I had back in 2000 on my R1, it is horrible on the paint.

I went to go purchase a new one at one of the local stores [Cycle Gear] and there were a few. I told one of the salesmen I need a replacement but none of them will be sized to carry a laptop. He chucked and said to get a backpack. I chuckled back and said I already have one...I want a tank bag. So with that, I just blew it off for now.

Let me know what you find out.

Reactions: Thunderchief

·
Registered
63 Posts
Has anyone with a Scout picked one up yet? I'm looking into this as an option for when I get the bike. I'd like to be able to use my GPS or even my gigantic phone as my GPS so I'd want a front view window so I can see where I need to go :)

I've been looking around and really like this MotoCentric bag, but it appears to no longer be made and nobody has the magnetic version that I'd want: MotoCentric Smart Space GPS Tank Bag - Motorcycle Superstore

Any other suggestions on bags that you've seen? Not really into buying the Indian branded one, price and looks aren't what I'm looking for with it.
adeehr, I have the MotoCentric bag you are looking for. It's in great shape, with the rain cover. If you are interested, send me an email and I can send you a pic or two. I used it for only a couple of road trips on my Triumph Trophy. It won't fit on my Chief. Price is reasonable, I'm not looking for retail value. Let me know.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
adeehr, I have the MotoCentric bag you are looking for. It's in great shape, with the rain cover. If you are interested, send me an email and I can send you a pic or two. I used it for only a couple of road trips on my Triumph Trophy. It won't fit on my Chief. Price is reasonable, I'm not looking for retail value. Let me know.
Thanks, message sent!

·
Registered
420 Posts
I am a big fan of tank bags also.... I to have been unable to find anything suitable.... Never considered the magnetic type because of paint.... AND don't see how a strapped bag could fit properly.... If anyone finds one, please post....

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
I am a big fan of tank bags also.... I to have been unable to find anything suitable.... Never considered the magnetic type because of paint.... AND don't see how a strapped bag could fit properly.... If anyone finds one, please post....
I have a Honda magnetic tank bag I bought years ago for my VFR's (sold the last VFR to get my Scout...I miss it). It seems to work with the Scout and even covers the bad paint! Not sure you want a Honda branded tank bag on your Indian, but it does seem to prove that type of bag would be useful and less $ than the Indian bag. I just remembered that I used a Cortech magnetic bag on my BMW's that worked well. I will have to dig it out to see if it fits on the Scout.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 8 of 8 Posts