Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about getting back in to riding after 25 years without a bike. The Bobber has caught my eye and ideally, id go test drive but not sure if thats the safe thing to do now.

so while I continue to watch videos, i was curious how you guys around 6’1” fit on the stock bobber? The one concern i have is that this bike sits a bit low so wasnt sure how a taller rider would be on the bike. Would just be used for city/weekend cruising.

·
Registered
150 Posts
So I'm right at 6' and I felt cramped on the Bobber. It was a fun little bike but for me and the type of riding I do it wasn't a good fit so I traded it for a Springfield...that I traded for a Challenger...I think I have a problem

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I'm a 33 inseam.

If I do get a chance to go sit on one and ride, is there anyway you'll know from a quick 5 or 10 min ride? Should it be obvious right away if it's cramped

·
Registered
409 Posts
I think I'm a 33 inseam.

If I do get a chance to go sit on one and ride, is there anyway you'll know from a quick 5 or 10 min ride? Should it be obvious right away if it's cramped
i would imagine after about 15-20 miles you would for sure know if you are going to be comfortable on the bike. but do know there are options like the 1920 solo saddle to sit you up a bit higher or going with the mother roads customs seat like i did. mind you im only 5'9 but after my seat and 14 inch bars i couldn't be happier with my bobber. those kind of things paired possibly with extended reach controls i imagine you could fit on the bike very well.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,248 Posts
I have a 31 inch inseam and usually wear 32 inseam jeans. The regular Scout peg position was cramped for me so I had the forward extended reach kit installed along with the floorboards as I don't care for pegs. I'm not sure but I think the same extended reach kit will fit the Bobber. Anyhow the combination of the two made my Scout a heck of a lot more comfortable for me.

·
Registered
176 Posts
i would imagine after about 15-20 miles you would for sure know if you are going to be comfortable on the bike. but do know there are options like the 1920 solo saddle to sit you up a bit higher or going with the mother roads customs seat like i did. mind you im only 5'9 but after my seat and 14 inch bars i couldn't be happier with my bobber. those kind of things paired possibly with extended reach controls i imagine you could fit on the bike very well. View attachment 583425
Love your bike, WAY sharp! Bet it sounds mean!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm 6'2", 34 inseam and have a 2019 Scout Bobber with extended controls and I think it's comfortable. It really is preference so I advise test riding one if possible. Most complain about the bar location but being tall with long arms I find it comfortable as I'm not stretched out. Good luck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts