Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Tribe,
So I've test rode the Challenger a couple times now and am impressed with this bike. So much so that my dealer worked up a trade in quote for my 17 Chieftain.
I've always felt like the floorboards are too high on the baggers, that is my knees seem to be equal too or slightly higher than my hips in the saddle.
On the Chieftain I added the rouge extended reach seat and aeromech floorboard lowering kit. This combination put me in the sweet spot.
Have any of you challenger riders over 6ft found a solution I might not be aware of? I have not had a chance to compare the Indian extended reach seat yet? I've read it moves you up an inch or so? Thanks!

·
Registered
458 Posts
I wouldn't lower these floor boards, they're too low already, Many of us are scraping them. Extended reach seat might do it for you. Maybe your dealer has one you can try?

·
Rider
426 Posts
I really like the extended reach seat. Brings you up and back an 1” or so. I also raised the handlebars up about an 1”. That’s about as far as they will go keeping the switches at a good angle. I use the kuryaken toe pegs also. Rides perfect.

Reactions: USMCE8

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm 6'1". I have the extended reach seat, which is perfect for me. I also added the toe rests on the crash bars.....perfect when cruising on the freeway. I will be adding the reduced reach handlebars soon, as I feel I am leaning a bit too much forward on the stock bars. A little clip showing the stock vs extended reach seat....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts