Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok I have a 19 roadmaster I had indian put mid rise bars on it and not tall enough and would like more pull back. I was in Sturgis and was interested in kst bars but they wouldn't do them because they were at Harley anybody else running these bars

·
Registered
97 Posts
image.jpg
I just received the dirty bird tall rouge bars in Chrome . They're 8" over stock. They have a similar look to kst. I may have to take it to a custom shop for the install though.

·
Registered
63 Posts
ok I have a 19 roadmaster I had indian put mid rise bars on it and not tall enough and would like more pull back. I was in Sturgis and was interested in kst bars but they wouldn't do them because they were at Harley anybody else running these bars
I installed the KST Apache Baggers +6. Love the bars but they were an absolute sob to install with that 90 degree corner. Would not wish that install of getting the damn wires inside the bars. The throttle by wire plug was too large to get through the space so I had to cut their plug off and solder each wire. I originally removed the pins from the plug but once removed they would not lock back into the plug so cut the pins off and soldered. I broke one of the can plugs and luckily my dealer had a wire laying around and cut the plug off for me or I would have to buy an entire new harness.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
That may have a cool custom look, but I would not select anything like that for my bikes that can cause such a maintenance hassle.

·
Rider
548 Posts
I’m going to have the mid-rise bars and 19” front wheel installed this winter. Have gone with “custom” bars in the past on other bikes and all were a pain to install and maintain, never going down that road again. OEM aren’t always the most trick options when customizing, though Indian’s stuff if pretty nice but pricey, however they are always warranted and if you have an issue you can take the bike to any dealer and they will fix it. Better things to do with my time at this point in my life, like riding my RM.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Great looking bars you have installed ? How do they feel now for you ?
They are very comfortable and more pull back than midrise. Actually like the bars and the comfort.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wish indian had taller bars because I would go with them the mid rise are just to low for me not forsure why they don't have a high rise bar

1 - 8 of 8 Posts