Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Founding member
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering the 'tall' windshield for my Chieftain after a long ride on Monday. At 75 mph into a strong wind I got head buffeting and wind noise I'd rather do without. I guess I've ignored it for the last 15 months. :) I ducked down to look through the shield and it was calm! Very nice but I couldn't ride that way. I prefer looking over a shield but I had an Electra Glide with a shield I looked through and it was fine. With the Chieftain's electric shield I'd have the best of both worlds if I could look over the tall shield in the lowest setting. I'm 6'1" with a 33/34 inseam. Anyone with those dimensions and experience with the tall shield? Thanks.

·
Founding member
1,505 Posts
I seldom ever adjust mine. Just leave it up 98% of the time. But I've always been a behind the windshield type rider. Most every one I know wants to be looking right over the top. I'm 6' 2", 38 - 34 jeans.

·
Gold Supporting Member
3,248 Posts
I've got the Low Tinted Windshield on my Classic. It's great for around town and short trips. I'll go with the Tall Windshield next summer for a planned road trip to Colorado.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts