Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Rider
1,709 Posts
Whilst a lot of people try to lower their FTR due to limited stature you my friend would undoubtedly have no issues whatsoever. Find a dealer or owner who would be willing and go sit on one yourself would be my advice. There are certainly several options available open to you with regards to seat, foot pegs and other avenues to make it comfortable for you if it doesn't suit?

I am 6'1" and own an FTR. This time last year I did a long haul trip across Europe of 570 miles in a single day striking for home, 13 hours in the saddle to include the Channel Tunnel. I did have an Airhawk seat cushion but despite being psychologically weary my body told me it was a comfortable ride.

·
Bronze member
3,128 Posts
At 6’5 you may find the riding position cramped. Also, age may dictate how long you can ride in that hunched over, feet behind your knees position. I have a Ducati Monster, and while the FTR riding position isn’t as cramped as the Monster, it‘s close...the FTR is more upright. Adding risers to the bars may help give you more room, if needed.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm 5'9" and came to the FTR from a Suzuki DR650. I find the FTR is much smaller than it looks. I am very comfortable in the bike but am considering bar risers or maybe a taller protaper bar. I can almost flat foot on both sides. That said, I'm used to a very upright seating position. I did ride ALL day saturday, only stopping for lunch and fuel and my butt only started to complain in the last half hour. My wrists and hands took a while to get used to the bar. Hope this helps.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
6,054 Posts
There are lowering foot pegs that gain a little more legroom for a little less of a tight knee bend.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts