Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Vendor / bronze
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I finally made a video of the Thunder Works 2016 Springfield taking off from a dead stop in 6th gear. This bike has been modified with stage 2 Indian cams. It uses the highest air flow intake on the market....The "Air Monster" by Thunder Works. The fuel is managed with a Dobeck EJK and the exhaust is set up with Thunder Works Slash Cut slip on pipes. The rider (me) is a fat 220 pounds so the bike weighs over 1000 pounds in total. I don't recommend you try this at home. If you must, be sure to wear your safety glasses. Other set ups can probably meet this performance. However, if you want to buy everything from one place..... www.IndianAftermarket.com sells all of these components (except the cams). Again, you can piece together a nice system but we are the only ones offering a complete package and one stop shopping. If you want torque like this call Marcus at 954-247-1450 and discuss getting a package deal. Ok enough with the commercial. Check out the video. By the way I am not a motorcycle racer but it demonstrates the tremendous torque possible if you buy the right stuff.

·
Rider
417 Posts
Undoubtedly you offer performance enhancements that function well and some calculated clutch slipping on take-off too.
Honestly, I would capture a drag race between your modified bike and a stock bike to further illustrate the enhancements.
Just my opinion. Best of luck!

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
Trying to Start out in 6th Gear just sounds like sheer Clutch Abuse to me ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
5,398 Posts
Where are the 'use no clutch' people on this issue?

Now I know it can start out in 6th gear but it ain't happening from any bikes here.

·
Banned
2,947 Posts
I've pulled from a stop a few times in 2nd. Only reason I knew what I did was my speed when it sounded like it was time to shift.

I have often thought a 4th gear start wouldn't be a problem but although it can do it, I don't think I'd do it in anything higher.

Mine is set up similar to what you describe.

·
Registered
757 Posts
What the actual fu.. lol.
Why? It can be done on any bike in any gear if you're willing to fk sht up.
This is supposed to show off performance mods? I don't get it.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Why would anyone do it on purpose? [inpain]

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
This provides a totally unscientific way for them to easily show that their add-ons juice up the motor, increasing torque at least.
Wouldn't a dyno readout have been much better?
I have no doubt their products improve the performance - just a strange way of showing it.

I must say, though, that the Thunder Works Air Monster air cleaner, while not doubting its improvements over the stock cleaner, may be the ugliest air cleaner on a bike I have seen in a while. Didn't like the other one with the funky leather cover, either. The 111 on the side of the leather looked like something I would buy out of a Hobby Lobby.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
If anything it shows how well the 111 clutch can handle the abuse. I would have preferred a dyno test on someone else's bike showing when the clutch disintegrates. Not useful information, just conversational info. Than I would know how big a boat I could toe. ;)

·
Silver member
3,698 Posts
Sorry it's a rather silly video. Where are the dyno charts to back up the bullish claims made here and in another thread about the monster.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts