Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to figure out what set of slip on to go with on my 16 chieftain. I think I will go with tab zombies or rush war horse. Does anyone have a side by side comparison? I will have a gutted head pipe, Indian air cleaner and Indian stage 1 tune. Any input would be helpful

·
Registered
562 Posts
I've got a stock '19 DH Chieftain. I put a set of Rush War Horse on right before the season ended here in bitter cold NY. I originally wanted the TAB mufflers but they were out of stock and they wanted me to wait 3-4 weeks for 'em. Being that it was the end of the season, I didn't want to wait and went for the War Horse pipes.

So, when the bike first starts up, it's glorious! Nice deep throaty sound. I thought to myself "Damn, I picked a good pair of pipes". I've had TAB pipes on my H-D Night Rod Special and loved them so I was a bit concerned swapping out to something I was unfamiliar with. I was very impressed with the exhaust note.

Again, that's when the bike starts up and idles.

When I take off... it falls flaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat. There is no noise at cruise. I didn't have to adjust my radio any louder to hear over the exhaust, I had to constantly turn my head to make sure my bike was still running. LoL At W.O.T. it gets a little better... but nothing... NOTHING like it sounds at idle and cold start.
My wife, who rides a '19 Scout Bobber has Rheinharts (SP?) on her bike. She loves... loves to pull up next to me at a stop light, in town and just rev her bike, drowning out mine and pretty much embarassing the hell out of me. In fact, I can hear that little b!tch riding behind me with her pipes. LoL

I've emailed Rush asking about this and they suggested I purchase (for an extra fee of course) different baffles. They state that the 3" baffles will 100% make the exhaust louder. Currently my War Horse pipes came with 2.5" baffles. As the bike is put away for the winter, I have yet to purchase the 3" baffles for $49.95.

In hindsight, should I have waited for the TAB mufflers... probably. Hopefully my opinion will change when I get the 3" baffles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. I hadn't heard that rush went flat in acceleration. But now looking into it more it seems like this is a common issue in a few threads. I dont want my wife to go def when riding on the back but I ride with HD's and cant have the quietest bike in the pack lol. I'm now learning toward the zombies and debating if torque cones are worth adding.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've got a stock '19 DH Chieftain. I put a set of Rush War Horse on right before the season ended here in bitter cold NY. I originally wanted the TAB mufflers but they were out of stock and they wanted me to wait 3-4 weeks for 'em. Being that it was the end of the season, I didn't want to wait and went for the War Horse pipes.

So, when the bike first starts up, it's glorious! Nice deep throaty sound. I thought to myself "Damn, I picked a good pair of pipes". I've had TAB pipes on my H-D Night Rod Special and loved them so I was a bit concerned swapping out to something I was unfamiliar with. I was very impressed with the exhaust note.

Again, that's when the bike starts up and idles.

When I take off... it falls flaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat. There is no noise at cruise. I didn't have to adjust my radio any louder to hear over the exhaust, I had to constantly turn my head to make sure my bike was still running. LoL At W.O.T. it gets a little better... but nothing... NOTHING like it sounds at idle and cold start.
My wife, who rides a '19 Scout Bobber has Rheinharts (SP?) on her bike. She loves... loves to pull up next to me at a stop light, in town and just rev her bike, drowning out mine and pretty much embarassing the hell out of me. In fact, I can hear that little b!tch riding behind me with her pipes. LoL

I've emailed Rush asking about this and they suggested I purchase (for an extra fee of course) different baffles. They state that the 3" baffles will 100% make the exhaust louder. Currently my War Horse pipes came with 2.5" baffles. As the bike is put away for the winter, I have yet to purchase the 3" baffles for $49.95.

In hindsight, should I have waited for the TAB mufflers... probably. Hopefully my opinion will change when I get the 3" baffles.
Try hopping on her bike and follow yours, see if you feel the same. I just heard a bike with true duals and 3" baffles and when he cracked the throttle it hurt my ears it was so loud.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I wish. She is way too small to reach the ground when sitting on my DH. I've already let her sit on it and was amused to watch her feet dangle while I held the bike up right. Lol

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had a 2018 chieftain Indian stage 2 cam with warhorse 3" baffles. Loved them. Traded it in for for a 2020 RMDH, Indian stage 3 done and not supper happy with their exhaust. The WH was a lot deeper at all loads without being raspy. Currently looking for a set of WH with 3" baffles. You can order them with 3" or 2.5" and a variety of tips. I can't speak for the tabs as no experience with them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts