Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got them installed, and it's been about 2 weeks now. Sound is so nice! Really great roar when you get on the throttle. Cold starts are loud, especially in a garage. But the sound isn't so loud you can't hear a stereo if you have one at higher RPMs cruising the freeway or moving along. A nice sound upgrade from the stage 1 that was just too quiet at all times for me. Going to see if I can't get some kind of sound clips for comparison, too. Just on my phone, so nothing special. But I think a difference will be noticeable.

The customer service at TAB was super friendly. And on their website they offer first responder/military discounts that can be signed up for and verified for a 5% discount. When I got these TABs, I used the existing tips from my stage 1 setup, so I didn't need any tips. But keep in mind the tips that you choose if you buy TABs cost more individually after the fact, if you wanted to get different ones than they would with the selection at checkout. Just FYI, but so far super nice sounding on my Roadmaster!

·
Registered
5 Posts
hey lord got the same mufflers. i also love the sound but also love the performance gains...it's a 121 chieftain with high compression pistons i tried the quiet tabs but i heard more intake noise than exhaust lol

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh nice you got them on a bigger motor then. That sounds nice! They sound so good!

·
Registered
5 Posts
a little on the loud side but i love them still got the cat on ( as per lloyd ) need that back pressure it don't run 7000 rpm so you need a little restriction

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I should start wearing ear plugs when I start it cold. It's a loud start in my garage. If I make it to my elderly ages, I want to still be able to hear some, too! I wear plugs when I ride regardless, but those starts are loud, too! Here is a video I did, comparing the stage 1s and Tabs. Check the description for the time to jump ahead. Tried to keep the tests both the same to get the same sound bouncing off the buildings and directions of travel. I also wouldn't mind entertaining even longer exhaust tips, too.

Reactions: Lutch
1 - 5 of 5 Posts