Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking at the TAB Performance B.A.M sticks exhaust pipes with zombie baffles to put on my 2014 Indian Chief Classic. They come with either Slash cut or Straight cut (I don’t know what the difference is) tips. I was curious if anyone tried these? If so, what are your thoughts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have TAB's on my Chieftain. The slipons are slightly longer than stock. I have the slash cut tips. They seam to look like they are not extending past the bags as far as the straight tips.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have TAB's on my Chieftain. The slipons are slightly longer than stock. I have the slash cut tips. They seam to look like they are not extending past the bags as far as the straight tips.
Do you like them? Are they any louder than stock?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Love them! They are alot louder than stock with a unique deep tone. They are also louder than the Rineharts I previously had.

·
Bronze member
2,158 Posts
Zombie sticks are the loudest. 2.5" Louvered are slightly quieter. Both quite a bit louder than stock by a large margin. Keep in mind that once you have zombie sticks, if it's too loud for you it's harder to quiet it back down. They pretty much have a straight enclosed tube design where the Louvered version is just that louvered and wrapped. Both are good slip on pipes, just depends on how loud is loud to you and what you're looking for. Here's a photo when I removed the wrap off my Tab louvered pipes.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Zombie sticks are the loudest. 2.5" Louvered are slightly quieter. Both quite a bit louder than stock by a large margin. Keep in mind that once you have zombie sticks, if it's too loud for you it's harder to quiet it back down. They pretty much have a straight enclosed tube design where the Louvered version is just that louvered and wrapped. Both are good slip on pipes, just depends on how loud is loud to you and what you're looking for. Here's a photo when I removed the wrap off my Tab louvered pipes.

View attachment 597027
Oh wow. Thank you for all that information

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,805 Posts
For even less loudness TAB also has a 1.75" diameter baffle. Not as popular as the other two but it's still quite a bit louder than stock or even stage one mufflers. I have them in my TAB Longs on my Scout and like them.

·
Registered
10 Posts

View attachment 597027
Axxehead did you run the louvered without the wrap and if so was it louder than with the wrap? I have the tab medium baffles and they are too quiet. I was considering removing the wrap. I’m currently running 1 zombie 1 medium for a good compromise.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Love the Zombies on mine. They sound great. Much better than the stage ones that I had put on it. I still have the stage ones to get rid of too. Here's a vid on my 2019 RM with the stage ones and Tabs comparison.

·
Registered
539 Posts
They sure do! And still at highway speeds cruising between 2 and 3k RPMs it's not so loud you can't hear the stereo. But if you roll the throttle in 5th or 6th gear, you will hear it. And so will the person next to you in their vehicle. LOVE these Zombies!

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have them and love them. However my riding buddy has them on his chief with headers and they are way too loud.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I always thought if I took out the wrap inside, I'd still love them however loud they'd be. Even if they were ridiculously loud.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts