Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was trying to fall asleep last night and stumbled upon Tab Performance's YT channel. Apparently they came out with a cat delete crossover pipe for the Challenger.
They had a step by step video on how to remove the old cat and install the new one.

It didn't look hard at all so I went to the website today to see if they had something similar for my Chieftain Dark Horse, they do not. lol Dammit.

Just figured I'd pass this on in case it wasn't posted here previously.

·
Registered
577 Posts
What advantage is there to removing the CAT's. Looks like you save some weight. Does the bike run cooler? Is it louder?

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Apparently it's a YES to all of your questions. I haven't done it myself so I can't speak for 100% certainty but, from what I've read on here (there are numerous threads pertaining to the subject) they all say the similar. However, there appears to be some discrepancies as to whether or not you might lose some HP/Torque.

Hopefully someone with actual "first hand" knowledge can chime in here.

What advantage is there to removing the CAT's. Looks like you save some weight. Does the bike run cooler? Is it louder?

·
Bronze member
1,467 Posts
You WILL loose torque/HP with the cat/resonator delete. I've experienced it firsthand, as a buddy of mine can pull away from me through most of the upper gear roll-ons with a STOCK bike. These engines are made to run at peak performance with some backpressure. Eliminating the cat removes that necessary backpressure. However, in place of the lost power, you pick up some really nice "sound", both at mid and full throttle and if you hit the throttle between shifting, you get a nice "crack" with this set up. Once an aftermarket tuner comes out, we might be able to gain some of that lost power with a richer fuel mixture. Time will tell.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for turning my jibberish into English @HyeHog! I thought there were negatives to removing the cat but wasn't sure. Luckily my Chieftain Dark Horse has a tuner out already. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts