Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Rider
2015 Chieftain
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone give me any reviews of the Tab Performance headers for a 2015 Chieftain and how they compare to the Jackpot and Xpipe headers? Are they better, the same? Is there any cutting involved with the Tab Performance headers? Any other tidbits concerning installations, etc.

As a fyi, I have both the Tab Zombies and touring baffles/slip-ons.

·
Rider
1,566 Posts
I spoke with TAB and one thing they advised is the headpipe uses its own system for attaching it does not use any parts from the stock head pipe so no cutting. If I remember the conversation correctly the bends on the indian head pipe coming out of the heads is a pain to bend properly. The bike they are using was at the time of our conversation being delivered for some more tests. I'm not sure if the Libertville X-Pipe uses any parts from the stock headpipe but they are getting some good numbers from what I read on this forum.

·
Rider
1,087 Posts
The xpipe uses the stock header, but the rear cylinder pipe needs to be cut shorter. I have the xpipe and it works great. It produces equal flow amounts from both cylinders. Well worth the money IMO.

·
Rider
2015 Chieftain
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies.

I have been interested in the Xpipe since they came out. But the Jackpot is a good choice too. However, both pipes require cutting. If I were to buy either, I would be installing myself which would require me cutting the pipes with a hacksaw. I do not cut straight at all, so thus I never bought either. Then I saw just a couple days ago that Tab makes full 2-1-2 headers which I had not known. How long have they been out? Anyway, they are a little expensive but they are whole, so no cutting. I really would like to get any feedback from any members that may have installed the Tab headers before I would buy myself. Anyone?

·
Registered
199 Posts
For the price of the tab header I’d get the rinehart header, oh wait ... I have the rinehart headers ;). I’ve heard good things about the jackpot head pipe. Possibly be a better performer then the x-pipe. I didn’t like the stock heat shields so I opted for the rinehart. Little bit of a pain in the butt to put on but the sound and performance make it totally worth it. Just my 2 cents ....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts