Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why doesn't anyone make some 7/8" T-Bars for metric bikes? I'm saddened by this. I've considered trying to switch out all the switches to 1" aftermarket stuff just to get 1" bars, but I didn't plan on spending the cash on the master cylinder to fit proper.

As for the clamping mechanism for the bars to the triple tree, consider ours isn't exactly "standard," I was going to fabricate my own bracket to house the bushings and also move the speedo out of the way.

I don't really want to do apes on this bike but I want higher bars and a decent pullback. Hell, I can't even find 7/8" risers taller than 2" do clamp some other bars to.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Dean Speeds make some awesome bars (and can make custom ones), and Roland Sands makes a pullback riser, although it's expensive.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I was having issues with a herniated disc, and was looking at bars. Finally this past weekend I got in some Rox 2" risers and they worked perfectly with the stock handlebars. Makes for a whole new bike if you're tall like me.

Edit: Also, I turned my Rizoma bar end mirrors up-side-down and they're perfect as well. Don't have to move my head or my arms to see!

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Why doesn't anyone make some 7/8" T-Bars for metric bikes? I'm saddened by this. I've considered trying to switch out all the switches to 1" aftermarket stuff just to get 1" bars, but I didn't plan on spending the cash on the master cylinder to fit proper.

As for the clamping mechanism for the bars to the triple tree, consider ours isn't exactly "standard," I was going to fabricate my own bracket to house the bushings and also move the speedo out of the way.

I don't really want to do apes on this bike but I want higher bars and a decent pullback. Hell, I can't even find 7/8" risers taller than 2" do clamp some other bars to.
Keep in mind if you use risers the OEM windshield mounts won't work.

For bars, take a look at Nash Motorcycle. They'll make the pullback you want. I like the Smart Gimps:

·
Registered
321 Posts
As ddough said, Dean Speed makes some nice bars. Perhaps something like their Titus is what you're looking for. You choose the rise, from 6" to 14".
Titus Bars

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
You can find the 7/8” to 1” reducer bushings ( 2 piece,serrated) on Amazon for like $10-12. Then you can find all kinds of 7/8 bars. (2) things to remember though.
(1st) is the grips and controls require about 9” or so inches from end of bar to the bend.
(2nd) is you will need to measure and drill the small .188” dia. Hole for the switch housings and throttle. DoNot cut these pins off. The throttle can slide off the bar. The plastic housing does not clamp down enough to do much good without the locator pins in place. I had installed some 7/8” Buckhorn bars. They were much better than the stock ( tiller) bars. I could give you measurements/ dimensions where to drill the holes if needed.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You can find the 7/8” to 1” reducer bushings ( 2 piece,serrated) on Amazon for like $10-12. Then you can find all kinds of 7/8 bars. (2) things to remember though.
(1st) is the grips and controls require about 9” or so inches from end of bar to the bend.
(2nd) is you will need to measure and drill the small .188” dia. Hole for the switch housings and throttle. DoNot cut these pins off. The throttle can slide off the bar. The plastic housing does not clamp down enough to do much good without the locator pins in place. I had installed some 7/8” Buckhorn bars. They were much better than the stock ( tiller) bars. I could give you measurements/ dimensions where to drill the holes if needed.
I appreciate your input! I'm familiar with swapping out bars in general though. For my first bike I actually butchered some older bars and made my own apes out of 'em but that was years ago and I don't have access to those kinda tools currently, otherwise I'd just make my own and get 'em painted by a pro.

The main problem with 1" bars is I actually NEED 7/8" for all the controls and grips, but can't get them in stereotypical T-Bars. I can't reduce 1" to 7/8" no matter how hard I try.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts