Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering switching from a PCV to a PV3.

I am also switching to a S&S intake from (indian aftermarkets intake) and i already have the dirty bird concepts 2-1 exhaust.

I have dynoed my bike 2 times , the first time was excellent with the PCV , i then swapped the plugs out to iridium and not sure if that is the issue but i feel the PCV is acting funny & backfiring.

My questions are the following

• Can i find a exact custom tune that has been dynoed proven for the PV3 for an S&S intake with Dirty brid 2-1 exhaust ( not just a generic tune modeled for a different exhaust and intake combo)
  • Will a dyno help figure out the bikes needs if its not perfect with the PV3?
  • How hard is it to remove a PCV from the scout ( any posts showing how to do so) ?
  • Should i switch back to the stock copper plugs the bike came with?
  • What are pros / cons to the PV3 over the PCV?
anything helps , thanks

·
Bronze member
1,889 Posts
Exactly what brand AND spark plug number did u install?

Reactions: Massimo

·
Bronze member
1,889 Posts
That CR9EIX is not appropriate for ur skoot.
First..it id TWO heat ranges colder and on a liquid cooled internally stock engine not necessary.

More importantly the stock plug, tho not iridium, is of the "projected tip" electrode design, which puts the spark plug gap deep into the combustion chamber which is a VERY good idea and proven to improve combustion efficiency. Even tho the Iridium plug you installed has some advantages over the stock plug, IT IS NOT A PROJECTED TIP plug, thus you have gone somewhat BACKWARDS in ur plug choice.

I recommend the NGK CR8EIA-9 which is only one heat range colder than stock, but is also more importantly a "projected tip" design. NGK does not list a nmbr 7 heat range projected tip iridium plug.

RACNRAY

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That CR9EIX is not appropriate for ur skoot.
First..it id TWO heat ranges colder and on a liquid cooled internally stock engine not necessary.

More importantly the stock plug, tho not iridium, is of the "projected tip" electrode design, which puts the spark plug gap deep into the combustion chamber which is a VERY good idea and proven to improve combustion efficiency. Even tho the Iridium plug you installed has some advantages over the stock plug, IT IS NOT A PROJECTED TIP plug, thus you have gone somewhat BACKWARDS in ur plug choice.

I recommend the NGK CR8EIA-9 which is only one heat range colder than stock, but is also more importantly a "projected tip" design. NGK does not list a nmbr 7 heat range projected tip iridium plug.

RACNRAY
Thanks for this info!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts