Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2018 Springfield and I'm wondering if there is a connection under the seat for power to run running lights to my after market your pack.
IMG_20200729_081547.jpg

·
Bronze member
3,472 Posts
well they come pre-wired for a heated seat... so if you can rig it up like that there is a power source.. I don't know if you would need an on/off switch if it's powered when the bike is off or not... also you can check the schematics to see where they plug the trunk into...

·
Registered
331 Posts
The connection for the factory trunk is under the seat. If you find the wire for the factory trunk tail light. You will get break and running light.

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
The switched power connector under the seat has a black ground wire and gray/*********** wire. Depending on the lights you want to connect, this might be the best one to use.

If you splice into an existing lighting circuit the canbus might complain. A lot of the lighting circuits are checked for expected current draw and adding extra lights can upset the canbus. Some aftermarket lights are designed for adding to a canbus system but there are others that don't play well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts