Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Founding member
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks..
Just purchased a 2020 Scout Bobber Twenty...Rides great (purchased in St Louis and rode home to Raleigh, NC. Love everything about the bike "except" the ugly swingarm bolt on the "right side" of bike (previous owner replaced stock exhaust w/ a 2:1)... I've seen the cover for the left side... any thoughts on covering the right side? I didn't measure but assume this sticks out a couple inches...
Thanks in advance for any suggestions..
IMG_1750.jpg

·
Registered
19 Posts
Personally, I’d remove the locknut and cut down the bolt length short enough to replace said locknut with a chromed cap nut

·
Founding member
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Personally, I’d remove the locknut and cut down the bolt length short enough to replace said locknut with a chromed cap nut
Thanks for reply. thought of that but hate to cut the swingarm bolt.

·
German Rider
1,530 Posts
Hey folks..
Just purchased a 2020 Scout Bobber Twenty...Rides great (purchased in St Louis and rode home to Raleigh, NC. Love everything about the bike "except" the ugly swingarm bolt on the "right side" of bike (previous owner replaced stock exhaust w/ a 2:1)... I've seen the cover for the left side... any thoughts on covering the right side? I didn't measure but assume this sticks out a couple inches...
Thanks in advance for any suggestions..
View attachment 611264
Would like to see a bigger pic of that, where I could see more of your exhaust system.

Cu,
Sven

·
German Rider
1,530 Posts
Whatttttt ?:D That thing is streetlegal ?
Damned, I really live in the wrong country...
I love the look. May I ask for a sound file or the manufactor, so I could look on YouTube for some vids...

Cu,
Sven

·
Registered
393 Posts
Whatttttt ?:D That thing is streetlegal ?
Damned, I really live in the wrong country...
I love the look. May I ask for a sound file or the manufactor, so I could look on YouTube for some vids...

Cu,
Sven
I’m sure it’s a lot more legal then mine

·
German Rider
1,530 Posts
Crazy, just crazy.

I need a permanent resident card.......

Cu,
Sven

Reactions: masspatriot

·
Founding member
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Anyone know the size of bolt?? Going to get an Acorn nut

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
I looked at mine yesterday after I got home. Unfortunately I’m going to say it’s metric so that keeps me from intelligently eyeballing it. It looked like 5/8 thread to me so 16mm I’d guess but don’t quote me on it

·
Founding member
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Went ahead and cut mine down to a decent size . Going to get a matt black axle cap to cover. Anyone know size/thread for the two holes by this bolt?? Can see the too one in pic

·
Founding member
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Went ahead and cut mine down to a decent size . Going to get a matt black axle cap to cover. Anyone know size/thread for the two holes by this bolt?? Can see the too one in pic

·
Registered
151 Posts
I pondered a long time about this ugly axel bolt too. I got creative with an old Grill Ornament and some hardware I had laying around. Kinky Bunny.
The pipe is the Grit from Rogue Pipe Works (RPW) with a1-off custom Turndown Tip. Upon arrival home after an hour tune-up ride, I had ringing in my ears. Mind you, I used EarPlugs! So I ordered a Quiet Baffle from RPW to shove into the front of the muffler section. Now it sounds SO MUCH better, low rumble grumble, easy on the ears as well as the neighbors.
Upon almost melting my Boots, I got some Heat Wrap and the Heat Shield from DEI Enterprises.
This 2into1 pipe is SO much lighter than the stock exhaust canisters.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts