Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't care for the look of a tool bag on the handlebars/forks. This was my idea for a different mounting.
I don't carry much beyond registration and some basic tools.

It clears the belt and shocks fine. I made up a little stainless tab that mounts to the belt guard to keep it from slipping.

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
I didn't care for the look of a tool bag on the handlebars/forks. This was my idea for a different mounting.
I don't carry much beyond registration and some basic tools.

It clears the belt and shocks fine. I made up a little stainless tab that mounts to the belt guard to keep it from slipping.
Nice, where did you get the bag?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I picked it up from a local leather guy at the Springfield Motorcycle Show last weekend. Color isn't perfect, but close enough for me.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
That's a good looking idea...

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2019 Roadmaster matte black and gray
3,072 Posts
Thanks again for posting this. I had a black fork bag I was going to mount on the front, but it won't fit there.
I'm going to see if this will work.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
I posted on another thread awhile back, but this Saddlemen medium Cruis'n Tool Bag fits the area perfectly. It holds very securely with 75# rate cable ties.

Attachments

Reactions: marcguet

·
Registered
149 Posts
I love these ideas. Indian could fix this oversight on the 2016 Scout. How hard can it be to make a little storage nook? Just installed my luggage rack yesterday. Wonder if a small tool bag could be hung from it? [cat]

·
3,072 Posts
Just installed a Willie and Max swing arm bag. Props to meggie and others for this idea. Never would have thought of it. Great place for paperwork and tool kit.

·
Registered
694 Posts
i too will put a bag here. one thing to consider is getting one that closes up well, as this location may take alot of water on wet roads and rain. any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just moved mine down slightly. I used the lower belt guard bolts and some BIG fender washers to keep the bolts from pulling through.

·
3,072 Posts
i too will put a bag here. one thing to consider is getting one that closes up well, as this location may take alot of water on wet roads and rain. any thoughts on this?
I've worried about that. I ride in all weather, so whatever I put in there gets put in a water tight Ziploc bag first.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I have fork bags I hang at the bottom of my forks behind the front wheel without a problem. 100,000 miles and no issue. I keep the tools wrapped in an oiled cloth or ziplock bag. Keeps the water off. I replace the straps every three to four years.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts