Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Rider
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so I missed last years event.

Educate me on what type of t-shirt has to be exchanged.

Another motorcycles manufacturers t-shirt? A Sturgis/bike rally t-shirt? Just has to have a motorcycle on the t-shirt?

All inclusive?

Thanks.

·
Rider
963 Posts
I have swapped any motorcycle themed t shirt. Remember the shirt you turn in will be donated to charity so it should be in good wearable condition.

·
Rider
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have swapped any motorcycle themed t shirt. Remember the shirt you turn in will be donated to charity so it should be in good wearable condition.
Thanks. Yeah that was my understanding. I forgot where I read it though. Is it just certain dealers that donate to charity or is it all that do it.

The reason I asked the original question was, I have some sturgis shirts that don't really fit anymore but are still in decent shape. I wasn't sure if they(Indian Dealers) wanted other motorcycle t-shirts or just motorcycle themed shirts.

Thanks again.

·
Rider
963 Posts
Thanks. Yeah that was my understanding. I forgot where I read it though. Is it just certain dealers that donate to charity or is it all that do it.

The reason I asked the original question was, I have some sturgis shirts that don't really fit anymore but are still in decent shape. I wasn't sure if they(Indian Dealers) wanted other motorcycle t-shirts or just motorcycle themed shirts.

Thanks again.
They all donate to charity!

·
Rider
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great! That is what I thought but I remember someone saying that their dealer did donate to charity I wasn't sure if all did. Thanks for clarifying that for me.

·
Registered
50 Posts
They donate them to charity and I have many H-D shirts though I still own one so I feel fine wearing them but I do not have many Indian shirts so I traded one this past Saturday I like they donate the traded shirts.

·
Rider
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I traded a nice 2005 Sturgis shirt that I never really wore. I don't think most people get the whole charity thing because the other shirts that I saw in the box looked well used and nothing that another person should be wearing.

One gentlemen after me threw in a dirty, raggedy looking shirt that had no business being there for "charity".

Luckily the dealership still had plenty of larges left when I got there at about 10:30. They opened at 8 but I had to leave later then I had planned. Some people were doing test rides. They had a nice Chieftain Elite there for 35K.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Went there yesterday. They still had lots of shirts left. I gave them a nice H-D shirt my ex left behind. Still have one more left for the next exchange.

Reactions: bmoore

·
Bronze member
2,247 Posts
They don't look at the shirt you bring in. This time I gave them a plain cotton t-shirt.
Other times, different motorcycle brands or bike rally shirts that don't fit anymore.

·
Rider
410 Posts
Had no idea they donated the old T shirts to charity, just thought asking for old T shirts was kind of a gimmick. Don't have many motorcycle shirts to swap, have just turned in whatever was wearing out.

·
Bronze member
2,309 Posts
I took two nice Yamaha dealer shirts in since they were being donated

Side note- why the name lycoming?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Bronze member
3,472 Posts
missed it this year... to bad, I was in town anyway.. what does it look like?.. I liked last years version

·
Registered
30 Posts
I took in a HD dealer shirt(with the dealers logo) but they(Indian) didn't even look at the shirt I brought in, so I am guessing you could take in most anything. However, the intent is to swap you out of another motorcycle branded shirt. Let your conscience be your guide.

But the Indian shirt you are getting is very thin. I would not trade any $30-50 HD shirt for this one. Maybe something that doesn't fit anymore. (y)

·
Bronze member
3,472 Posts
same material as last year... I will tell you they are damn nice when it's hot out and mine sure seems to last...

Reactions: SJ12DS

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Real nice for the summer heat. Catch a couple $1.99 motorcycle related shirts at Goodwill, swap them for the Indian shirt, about even trade.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts