Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am heard y'all grumble, groan, puff and fluff about suspension.

YAY!!! A spirited discourse is the foundation of a good decision (not to mention a great way to learn!).

I've about done all I can to Clancy as far as farkles and basic performance. Stage ones, Trask filter, Commander II (BEST tires for my style), etc.

I need info on suspension.

I'm old. I don't carve canyons any MORE. Much. Being a law abiding, senior citizen I would NEVER break the law. I just want stable, medium performance, bragging rights - Oops!!! - strike that.

Let's just say improvement over what a 2017 Scout has for suspension.

TIA.

[EDIT] Bone stock suspension for now..

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
This is really long read, and even longer if you look into the Ricor Intiminators modificaion.
Observations on Emulators (front forks)

I've read it all. My current setup is Race Tech constant rate springs with Ricor Intiminators. I chose constant rate over progressive due to the use of the Intiminators. I had Race Tech Gold Valves before the Intiminators.
In a nutshell, if you use cartridge emulators, you're better off using constant rate springs.

For rears I use Dark Scout adjustable.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is really long read, and even longer if you look into the Ricor Intiminators modificaion.
Observations on Emulators (front forks)

I've read it all. My current setup is Race Tech constant rate springs with Ricor Intiminators. I chose constant rate over progressive due to the use of the Intiminators. I had Race Tech Gold Valves before the Intiminators.
In a nutshell, if you use cartridge emulators, you're better off using constant rate springs.

For rears I use Dark Scout adjustable.
$1100 for rear springs!!!

Did I mention that I am a 'be middle, buy middle' sort of guy? I buy food at the used food store.

;-)

Hokey Smokes Bullwinkle! They are quite proud of their prices.

·
Rider
756 Posts
I am heard y'all grumble, groan, puff and fluff about suspension.

YAY!!! A spirited discourse is the foundation of a good decision (not to mention a great way to learn!).

I've about done all I can to Clancy as far as farkles and basic performance. Stage ones, Trask filter, Commander II (BEST tires for my style), etc.

I need info on suspension.

I'm old. I don't carve canyons any MORE. Much. Being a law abiding, senior citizen I would NEVER break the law. I just want stable, medium performance, bragging rights - Oops!!! - strike that.

TIA.

[EDIT] Bone stock suspension for now..
I bought Progressive 413 Shocks,, they work very well , better than stock shocks, big diff from stock, .

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
$1100 for rear springs!!!
Did I mention that I am a 'be middle, buy middle' sort of guy? I buy food at the used food store.
Hokey Smokes Bullwinkle! They are quite proud of their prices.
$1100? It certainly wasn't that when I bought mine.

Fronts before rears.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts