Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Survey Says.......

2K views 9 replies 0 participants last post by  Lostintexas 
G
#1 ·
Got a call today from Polaris/Indian to take a customer survey. Though I'm usually pretty anoided by such things, I went ahead and took it. Seems they really want to know more about the new buyer Indian demographic. After some basic questions about the bike they went on to ask that I rate various 'lifestyle' questions, first 1-10, then 1-5, then agree/disagree strongly/slightly. The guy on the phone didn't seem to know much about motorcycles, and seemed to be reading from a script. When I spun questions at him he stumbled, and didn't seem to know what he was talking about. I later found that the number (715-488-2237) corosponded to FirstHand Research, in Grantsville, WI.

My overall message to them was simply:

Great bike, bad comunications, bad customer support. Get it together, look at the competition and exceed their standard.

Anyone else get a call?

G
#5 ·
13457 said:
Sorry, but I have had a very different experience than yours. Buying the indian was the best motorcycle buying experience I have had in over 35 years of consistent riding.
+1 My Chief purchase was the best customer experience of any vehicle I've purchased new: car, truck, or motorcycle. Sure I had to wait like a kid on Christmas morning for it to arrive, but that was to be expected. After getting the owners welcome kit in the mail, and now an invite back to the dealership for an Indian 'Holiday Meet & Greet' event - I think it really shows they are working hard to keep owners happy.

G
#7 ·
My dealer, Gregory Polaris in Little Rock(Jacksonville) Ar. is a 10 out of 10. Rob Gregory is a great guy and his staff is first class. BUT, Indian and Polaris, after designing great bikes, having a super launch, and getting the bikes produced has gone to sleep in my mind. Buyers are still confused about the extended warranty because nothing is in writing and Indian/Polaris have clarified nothing! Is it 4 or 5 years? Is it bumper to bumper or power train? Not cool. Buyers paid $20,000+ and they deserve to get that info. when they pick up their bikes. My dealer dug into it, called the right people, and clarified it but MANY are getting contradicting info. from dealers and Indian people who don't know! That is Indian's fault. Where is the phone number all of us Indian riders were told we'd have to call for help/clarification/info. on a 24 hour basis? Where? lol Many have already paid, some over a month ago, for accessories they expected, and were led to believe, would be there when they took delivery of their bikes. Where are those accessories? First it was a two week delay, then the end of Oct., then mid Nov., now I'm hearing late Dec. to mid January! Does anyone believe those estimates anymore? Is there anyone who doesn't laugh when they hear the often stated QC excuse? Hey, I bought a great Corbin seat with both backrests for less than the cost of Indians two backrests so I'm good to go but most are waiting. I would have bought the Indian stuff but someone dropped the ball, big time.
I really like my Chieftain, and my dealer is great, but Indian/Polaris, in my mind, will remain minor leaque players in the big bike business if they don't reflect, quickly, see their mistakes, and GET ON THE BALL!
PS: How about the LOUSY, ignore the customer, lack of customer service the patient buyer out in Vancouver with the charging system problem received? Is everyone at Indian sleeping after the Launch celebration?

G
#8 ·
They hire survey groups to do the questionnaires - so they are phone-banks that make the calls. They just gather raw data, it goes into the hopper and spits-out a report.

I would say that I got very good treatment from my dealer in Vegas (A Team), although I saw another post where the buyer rips them for super lousy service. I love the bike itself. I am somewhat frustrated that I cannot get a passenger backrest, rider backrest, bumpers and some other stull until late-December or even January, according to the parts people, who make it sound like a Polaris problem affecting all the dealers. I don't get that.

Some got free personalized leather Indian jackets as a thank you. I got a thank you - but it was sincere to me. I guess I expect too much for forking over $25K for a bike and accessories. Even a t-shirt would have mollified me a little, but I paid 35 bucks for one anyway and received a free plastic bag to go along with it. I do like the cool welcome kit with the little clock - it looks good on my desk. My brother-in-law tried to steal it already, which is meaningful to me anyway.

I would say that I liked the guys at the dealership as they all came across as doing the best they could under the circumstances. If I asked a question, or asked for anything, they were there to make me happy. My 500 mile service was very quick and easy. I'd give the experience an A- overall.

G
#9 ·
18350 said:
Got a call today from Polaris/Indian to take a customer survey. Though I'm usually pretty anoided by such things, I went ahead and took it. Seems they really want to know more about the new buyer Indian demographic. After some basic questions about the bike they went on to ask that I rate various 'lifestyle' questions, first 1-10, then 1-5, then agree/disagree strongly/slightly. The guy on the phone didn't seem to know much about motorcycles, and seemed to be reading from a script. When I spun questions at him he stumbled, and didn't seem to know what he was talking about. I later found that the number (715-488-2237) corosponded to FirstHand Research, in Grantsville, WI.

My overall message to them was simply:

Great bike, bad comunications, bad customer support. Get it together, look at the competition and exceed their standard.

Anyone else get a call?     
Good answer. Hope they understand we want better support.

G
#10 ·
Don't have an Indian, but can say Victoy/Polaris has given me a deep appreciation for the Yamaha's and Honda's I've had in the past.
Really hope they get their act together, but won't be holding my breath.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.