Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

81 - 100 of 163 Posts

·
Rider
1,309 Posts
Post #79. Hijack or not Litos if you're going to post a quote from somebody please make sure you get the right person. That is NOT my quote in your last post and from a personal perspective I care not one jot whether Indian reads the forums and/or social media or not as the case may be?

Reactions: amwalker707

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
You’re kinda hijacking @edgelett ’s thread. 😉
thanks mate. though I'm sure some people don't really care lol.

I got a reply from Polaris by the way - the guy who's dealing with this is doing training all week and will get back to me next week.
guess I won't have any info for a little while yet.

·
Registered
770 Posts
And it’s weird that when someone complains of stalling and all the usual problems that they are handed, yes handed a PV3 and an aftermarket tune to fix the problems....maybe speaking out of turn here but it has happened...so go figure?...what exactly are Indian and Polaris playing at here apart from a total lack of understanding regarding the inherent problems of a bike Launched with known problems. I don’t think they have any idea what the fark is going on with this model...it’s problem after problem that they have no idea how to fix...I remember Buell crushing one of there models...is this the death Nell for the 2019...definitely a thorn in the paw of Indian...just my two cents worth...and poor Tash, mate I feel so bad for you...I sincerely hope that something good comes of all this for your sake and your bikes...chin up buddy, your good people and nice things happen to good people...👍😎🇦🇺

·
Registered
2019 Indian FTR 1200 S
480 Posts
I sincerely hope that something good comes of all this for your sake and your bikes
Perhaps a severely discounted 2022 is in her future.... wishful thinking at least... (just take your Toce off first and hope it fits the 22)

·
Registered
770 Posts
I seriously think that if Tash doesn’t get the resolution she deserves then indian will be missing a great customer...she’ll move on I think...but once again just my thoughts...🤔

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
Breto - i think they have just misunderstood exactly what the issue is. they think I am complaining about 'standard FTR surging issues' when my bike has been running fine till those bars were fitted.
i'm certain that as soon as I can speak to someone at Polaris to explain the problem, they'll be able to diagnose it correctly.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Breto - i think they have just misunderstood exactly what the issue is. they think I am complaining about 'standard FTR surging issues' when my bike has been running fine till those bars were fitted.
i'm certain that as soon as I can speak to someone at Polaris to explain the problem, they'll be able to diagnose it correctly.
I hope so Tash...🤞

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
Spoke to the dealer today - they had a chat to Polaris who confirmed that a ecu update would mean I cant tune my bike any more and so Polaris actually said 'don't do that then'.
they've asked the dealer to run some more tests specifically looking at the wiring harness rather than the grip itself and they hope to have some answers for me early next week.

·
Rider
1,292 Posts
Spoke to the dealer today - they had a chat to Polaris who confirmed that a ecu update would mean I cant tune my bike any more and so Polaris actually said 'don't do that then'.
they've asked the dealer to run some more tests specifically looking at the wiring harness rather than the grip itself and they hope to have some answers for me early next week.
Finally, sanity has prevailed. Well done!

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
Cheers all - yes I'm quite pleased Polaris have acknowledged the tune isn't the issue and have even said 'oh don't update it will bugger the tune'.
they think it's possible when we were taking the original bars off the harness could have been stretched or damaged so fingers crossed I hear some news early next week about a fix

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
Update for those interested- the tests did not shed any light apparently, and Polaris want information about the tune as they believe that is causing the problem.
Ryan insists its not the tune.
I'm at a loss as to what to do, other than sell the bike at this point.

·
Rider
1,309 Posts
Roll it back to stock tune to see diagnostically if the surging is still there? It may run like a bag o' spanners with the Toce but it may reveal 'something' as to whether the tune may be involved? At this stage you have nothing to lose! You could also consider nailing back on the original pipes and cat if you've still got them and if deemed helpful to have an OEM starting point to solve this?

Reactions: Bart Carter

·
Registered
770 Posts
Update for those interested- the tests did not shed any light apparently, and Polaris want information about the tune as they believe that is causing the problem.
Ryan insists its not the tune.
I'm at a loss as to what to do, other than sell the bike at this point.
More like they want to see the tune to suss out how he’s getting around their problems more like it...yeah that sux rather hard Tash...but as it stands it’s probably not saleable unless it’s running rite...what a dilema...Re flash with the standard tune and put the old exhaust back on and see what it does?…or hope that it still runs like crap if you do...Re flashing it back to standard with the Toce on won’t solve anything either...personally I don’t think it’s the tune...and they’ve looked at those weird TPS readings I gather??…and I wouldn’t be handing my PV3 over to them either...this might be something that could be done with you rather than for you...mmmm well I still have everything crossed for you mate...👍🤞

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
and they’ve looked at those weird TPS readings I gather??…
No idea. I don't even know if they agree that it's surging at this point.
or if it is, they think it's 'normal FTR surging'.
I'm pretty done with it.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Don’t blame you mate...you know how I feel about them not taking responsibility for this model so I’m not going to rehash any of that...I’m still grasping to that light at the end of the tunnel...maybe they’ll have a light bulb moment and find the problem...all still crossed for you...🤞

·
Registered
362 Posts
and Polaris want information about the tune as they believe that is causing the problem.
Corporate gonna corporate, disappointing but I can’t say I’m surprised.

If it were me, personally I love the bike enough to be willing to start buying some suspect parts (ETC/grip, throttle body if need be, start cheapand simple) and replacing stuff to see what makes the surging go away.

If the dealer is willing to work with you, great. If not, well there’s people on here who are more than willing to help.

This sucks...

81 - 100 of 163 Posts