Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 40 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
I struggle to believe it's related to the throttle because there are two sensors in the throttle and the ECU does a rationality check. It's unlikely that they both fail the same way (imo) and within a valid throttle range.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I struggle to believe it's related to the throttle because there are two sensors in the throttle and the ECU does a rationality check. It's unlikely that they both fail the same way (imo) and within a valid throttle range.
if you have any suggestions on what it could be, that would be helpful

·
Early joiner
43 Posts
Probably (?) not related, but I had a scary throttle surge problem develop on my ’15 Scout. A simple firmware upgrade at the dealership quickly fixed the issue. Hope yours is a simple fix as well.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Thanks - when I drop it to the dealer, I'll ask them to make sure they check that.

·
Rider
1,315 Posts
I've been delaying posting this because no doubt someone here will find a way to blame me for this.

a couple of weeks ago I noticed the surging throttle is back. I wasn't sure if I was imagining it so wanted to get out and test it in different t conditions and see what was happening. it also seems different to what was happening before.

on the weekend I Rode for about an hour. I noticed it the most in 2-4th gear, between about 2800rpm and 4800rpm. the surging was quite noticeable and when it happened I looked down at the speedo and could see my speed varying up and down by as much as 4kph. might not sound much but when you're doing 80 it is. and when you're riding at 40 through roadworks and it does it, people all stare at you.

it seemed to smooth out and almost go away at 5000rpm. it also didn't seem to be happening as much in 5th and 6th but having said that I wasn't in those gears much as I was in the twisties.

today I plugged in my pv3 and watched it as I changed the grip position. last time it bounced around like hell. this time it seemed steady. other than it showing two different and odd tps numbers when the grip was all the way closed it was pretty steady

so I need to call my dealer cause its getting worse and is nearly unridable again. the problem is I'm not sure if its a second throttle thats failed, or an issue with the tune, or even a slipping clutch??

any ideas or suggestions before I call them?

View attachment 624015

View attachment 624016

video of the pv3 here
I expect few of us are in the blame game...more in the get-it-done game, I think. Best of luck, you will get it right. Science and patience.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Small update - my dealer has no idea what the problem is. They've sent off logs to Polaris Australia and are awaiting a reply.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
This is the response from Polaris Australia:
'The USA program upgrade is almost ready for release. I have tested it on a bike this week and it had a noticeable improvement to surging and other running issues. Do you believe the customer can wait for another week or two?'
i.e. their solution is the Ah2 software which will **** the tune on my bike.

·
Registered
380 Posts
This is the response from Polaris Australia:
'The USA program upgrade is almost ready for release. I have tested it on a bike this week and it had a noticeable improvement to surging and other running issues. Do you believe the customer can wait for another week or two?'
i.e. their solution is the Ah2 software which will **** the tune on my bike.
Didn’t realize they were making the AH2 upgrade for the rest of the international market. That’s....... disappointing.

Reactions: edgelett

·
Rider
1,337 Posts
Hi Edgelett,

I sympathize with your predicament I really do and my question is not meant to antagonize, inflame, upset or rile. But with your current remote tune won't Ryan be able to simply provide you with an Ah2 compatible remote tune free-gratis? After all the USA is their largest market? If indeed they will your concerns are little ones hopefully?

·
Bronze member
2,244 Posts
She has to ship her ecu to Ryan for his ah2 solution.

And no ah2 won’t fix it since it does it with or without the tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 197 Posts