Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just throwing it out there. I am a firm believer in supporting home town businesses, for obvious reasons. I do my best to support my local Indian dealership. When there is only a few dollars difference I take my motorcycle there to have maintenance done. The problem that I'm running into, is that when I take my motorcycle there, the service is really not very good. I am a certain yet very respectful however, I never leave my Indian dealership feeling good. At the same time I don't want to turn my back on them because we need all of the Indian dealerships that we can get. As this one is the closest I really would like for it to remain open and healthy. Regardless their service department, and customer service and the service department, can certainly be improved.

·
Registered
102 Posts
i bought my bike from another dealership because the price difference is just too big, but the maintenance service i do locally even though the price is higher. i would like to support them and they are nice with regards to working on my bike.

·
Rider
943 Posts
The dealer I bought my bike from in AZ was a stand alone dealer that was really good but they were bought out by a bigger dealership and then moved into the bigger dealer. They have their own building on the property but the service runs through the same service managers as the rest of the brands. I have to say they have gone downhill since relocating. They're rude, and short with the customers. I went in because the bike tossed some codes one being an ABS code and I wanted them to check the ABS to make sure it was working. They told me there would be a diagnostic charge. I said there better not be as the bike is less than a year old. Once I stood my ground they did not charge me. The next time a couple of months later I went in for warranty service and when I was checking out they told me my bike was out of warranty. I pulled up my Ride Command app and showed him it was good till 4/2021 and he argued with me and said the Indian site said it was out of warranty. He then said the site was now down and he could not look it up. I again stood my ground and he punched the keyboard a few more times and said "Oh, I looked at it wrong, yep your bike is covered." This is the same dealer that told me to go buy my own two-sided tape and restick the 116 primary cover badge back on because they didn't have any tape. I was like "what!?" I asked was it a factory/dealership item? he said yes. I asked is my bike under warranty? He replied yes. I replied so you're telling me that I have to take care of it.....he said yes. When I got home I was so pissed that I called his manager and in 5 minutes I was talking to another service manager getting another warranty appointment to fix the issue. I tell you what once the warranty is out I'll be taking it somewhere else.

·
KHAOS
535 Posts
Indian of Auburn WA (Now NASH POWERSPORTS) back in business; I stopped in to see Spike yesterday, the place is coming together. Looking forward to working with them in the future. Good people and Spike has a real nice dog (mascot) in Scout. Scout does look at us a little hesitantly with everyone in masks but that is the world we live in. He too will get used to it. Go buy something from Spike and the gang! Lets make them successful AGAIN!

·
Registered
292 Posts
I'm lucky, I have 4 dealerships within 110 miles, and 2 within 65 miles. The closest is 8 miles, but like others it's hit and miss. Good for maintenance, not so much for more extensive work. Just had a new dealer open up 62 miles away, I'm going to go check them out soon. For example the local dealer does my scheduled maintenance, but a dealer 110 miles away did my stage 3. I keep hoping the local dealer will improve enough to be trusted with everything. Had the bike for four years now and so far it just hasn't happened. I have never experienced any rude behavior, but other stuff that makes you go hmmmmm! My local has frequent in house communication issues. You get one answer from one person and a completely different answer from another, just does not inspire any confidence in their ability to handle anything but routine stuff. Anytime I am forced to give them a more substantial issue I have to constantly call to keep everything moving forward. They had the bike for 6 weeks once and three weeks another time. Both times there were blatant communication issues that caused delays. The bike was fixed correctly both times, but should have been fixed in less than half the time. So, good mechanics, bad service management. They just don't seem to care how long they keep the bike from the owner.

First time (6 weeks) I talked to the shop manager and asked him if he knew what was going on in his service dept. Got a extended warranty (3 extra years) free of charge. Second time I told him that he wont see my bike for anything except emergency/local stuff, until he fixed his in house issues. Sad, but true. Every time I bring the bike there I see a new person at the service desk. I really wish they would get their sh*t together!

·
Rider
1,139 Posts
The dealer I bought my bike from in AZ was a stand alone dealer that was really good but they were bought out by a bigger dealership and then moved into the bigger dealer.
What dealer are you referring to. I am planning to get some work done next winter while I am vacationing in Mesa. (You can pm me if you like)

--
Gordon

·
Registered
102 Posts
The dealer I bought my bike from in AZ was a stand alone dealer that was really good but they were bought out by a bigger dealership and then moved into the bigger dealer. They have their own building on the property but the service runs through the same service managers as the rest of the brands. I have to say they have gone downhill since relocating. They're rude, and short with the customers. I went in because the bike tossed some codes one being an ABS code and I wanted them to check the ABS to make sure it was working. They told me there would be a diagnostic charge. I said there better not be as the bike is less than a year old. Once I stood my ground they did not charge me. The next time a couple of months later I went in for warranty service and when I was checking out they told me my bike was out of warranty. I pulled up my Ride Command app and showed him it was good till 4/2021 and he argued with me and said the Indian site said it was out of warranty. He then said the site was now down and he could not look it up. I again stood my ground and he punched the keyboard a few more times and said "Oh, I looked at it wrong, yep your bike is covered." This is the same dealer that told me to go buy my own two-sided tape and restick the 116 primary cover badge back on because they didn't have any tape. I was like "what!?" I asked was it a factory/dealership item? he said yes. I asked is my bike under warranty? He replied yes. I replied so you're telling me that I have to take care of it.....he said yes. When I got home I was so pissed that I called his manager and in 5 minutes I was talking to another service manager getting another warranty appointment to fix the issue. I tell you what once the warranty is out I'll be taking it somewhere else.
that is just plain wrong. i wouldn't blame you for going somewhere else next time. in fact, i will suggest not even coming back at all. on my local dealership, like i said, their service department is a little more expensive than the place where i bought my bike, but when i comes to warranty or service issues, they are very accomodating and helpful.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Indian of Auburn WA (Now NASH POWERSPORTS) back in business; I stopped in to see Spike yesterday, the place is coming together. Looking forward to working with them in the future. Good people and Spike has a real nice dog (mascot) in Scout. Scout does look at us a little hesitantly with everyone in masks but that is the world we live in. He too will get used to it. Go buy something from Spike and the gang! Lets make them successful AGAIN!
That's good news!
I'll have to get in there this weekend, and talk to Spike, I'd heard they were closed, so had my service done at Lynnwood.
Lynwood did a great job...but
Coming from Tacoma, Auburn is a much better distance.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2019 Roadmaster matte black and gray
3,072 Posts
Was just in and spent too much money in the shop

Been a customer of theirs since 2015. Great guys!

Used to be in Tacoma, but now that I'm in Olympia, it's harder to get there, but I still go!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts