Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks-does anybody know if the stock 2022 Super Chief passenger seat will fit on a 2022 Chief Dark Horse? I bought the stock pillion for my Dark Horse, but it is miserable to sit on for more than a few miles. I don't ride 2 up all that often, so I wouldn't mind having to install a seat for an occasional passenger. I figure it would be pretty easy to find a Super Chief passenger seat on FleaBay since so many people upgrade their stock seats.

Many thanks, CB

Registered
2022 Chief Dark Horse
Based on this video:
It looks exactly the same mounting solution wise to the stock seat which I have.
As it's not listed as an official "accessory" on the Indian website, I'd be curious to know if you'd be able to order it separately.

I find the stock seat to be good enough, it's usually my neck that's cramming first on long rides. My pillion on the other hand gets a buzzy butt after a short while 馃檭 so this would be a good solution.
Been looking at Corbin anyway for the Gambler seat option. Saddlemen looks real nice but I don't think there's much improvement compared to stock passenger comfort wise

Registered
Stock super chief seat pillion mounts up. Doesn't fit perfectly, since the stock super chief rider seat is slightly taller, but does fit, and is a good bit wider and more comfy

Corbin is a bit taller and more comfy than both (have all 3 pillions)

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for all the help. I probably ride by myself about 95% of the time, but the wife does like to jump on the back of the bike occasionally. Right now I'm trying to decide between a couple of different scenarios.
1) Saddleman step up seat for $460. I love the look but the general consensus is that it is not passenger friendly. It also has the raised back, which will hopefully keep me from getting tossed off at WOT.... I've got a Saddlemen dealer near to me and they've ordered one up for me to put on my bike and see if I like it.

2) Corbin gambler for $690. I don't like its look as much as the Saddleman, but it's wider in the passenger area and has a raised back. I suspect is better for the passenger, but I don't know for sure. It's a lot of money to put down for a seat you don't get to try out first.

3) Get the Saddleman step up seat and purchase a used stock super chief passenger seat. If the wife wants to ride, I can remove the step up seat and put on the original seat plus the super chief passenger seat. Swapping seats a pain, but it probably won't cost more than the Corbin and at least I'll get to sit on the Saddlemen seat before I buy it.

Of course, If I had enough money I would just buy a 2nd Chief and avoid the problem entirely.....

CB

1 - 4 of 4 Posts