Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a pair of summer riding gloves. I am in SC and the heat and humidity make it hard with my normal pair. Any recommendations that are usable in this heat and still offer protection.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I’ll tagalong as well as I’m in Mississippi. My old pair is falling apart and looking for any testimonials from some good summer gloves too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Rider
617 Posts

I personally wear these. Been in everything from 50's to 110F and they handle really well. Usually my hands are the least miserable in nasty heat. They'd be better if they weren't black so they didn't take in the sun but, they're super comfortable and they aren't miserable to wear.

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
I was about to suggest Tourmaster. I picked up a pair a few weeks ago on sale. Bulky but cool and comfortable.
These are similar.

I wore them the past two weekend rides at over 100 degree temps. In fact, a week ago, I started off using some nice fingerless, leather patriotic gloves my wife bought me. I reached down and got pretty close to the rear jug, it did not take me long to pull back! No burns, but I paid attention. After the first stop, I switched to the Tourmasters.

These are good too. Had a pair from last two summers until the dog got them.

·
Bronze member
2,268 Posts
I bought a pair of these back in the Spring. I had bought a cheaper pair from Cycle Gear and they lasted about a week. The IM gloves are well made and pull off pretty easy. FYI...I ride in Coastal Georgia, so it’s hot...I’d buy these again.
FC4C9FB3-8640-4899-9E2B-0915630DF36E.png

·
Registered
307 Posts
I wear a pair of lightweight HD leather gloves during summer. They are touchscreen compatible and I have been using them for six years. I couldn't find an exact match but these are similar.

Phil

·
Bronze member
2,268 Posts
What's the point of wearing gloves if you're going to wear fingerless lol.
Ha ha..I’m guessing you don’t live in a brutally hot and humid climate. When temps are in the 90s-100s, with humidity 70-90+%...you look for any advantage.

·
Senior member / gold
6,749 Posts
What's the point of wearing gloves if you're going to wear fingerless lol.
They come in handy when you need to pick a booger from your nose. An old member that used to haunt this forum, a friend and brother, BigDaddy always called them Nosepicker gloves. Lol! Living in South Florida, I wear my nosepickers more than fingered gloves.

·
Registered
86 Posts

I love these, have worn them for 5 summers.

·
Rider
617 Posts
Ha ha..I’m guessing you don’t live in a brutally hot and humid climate. When temps are in the 90s-100s, with humidity 70-90+%...you look for any advantage.
I live in southern Wisconsin where summer is usually 90s with 100% humidity and no rain

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have a couple pairs of these. Deer skin doesn't shrink when it gets wet (Sweaty) and stays soft.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I bought a pair of these back in the Spring. I had bought a cheaper pair from Cycle Gear and they lasted about a week. The IM gloves are well made and pull off pretty easy. FYI...I ride in Coastal Georgia, so it’s hot...I’d buy these again. View attachment 602977
I have the same Indian gloves. Live in SW Florida and hot feels cold... we are a notch above hot. They work great. Only downside is they run very small. I usually wear an XL and needed a 3xl to get my hand in the glove. Other than that, they are great.

·
Bronze member
2,268 Posts
I have the same Indian gloves. Live in SW Florida and hot feels cold... we are a notch above hot. They work great. Only downside is they run very small. I usually wear an XL and needed a 3xl to get my hand in the glove. Other than that, they are great.
Ran into the same on sizing...had to bump up to XLs.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I’ve always used a pair of mechanics gloves with leather palms and underside of fingers. Durable if you go down, cheap and able to wear in 40 to 95 degrees. Get a little larger fit than normal so they’re more comfortable when you perspire.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I'll second the Indian fingerless gloves. With heated grips I wear them year round unless temps go low 50's or less

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I picked up a pair of the Mesh 2 gloves this summer and they've done well by me. I consistently ride in 110-115f heat in Arizona and Kalifornia and these do well. Nosepickers are great but I've also had times when the heat, sun, and wind are so hot on my fingers tips that some protection is better than none. These are also easier to get off when it's hot. Sometimes the nosepickers stick to my hands and are a pain to get off. These give airflow to the back of my hands.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts