Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Vendor / bronze
2,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I am constantly amazed how this as well as all forums inspire people to make negative comments. I constantly introduce new products (I have over 80 now) and almost always people make wide sweeping statements." Since I don't like it, it is the most stupid thing on earth." Believe it or not people buy my products and with a few exceptions they are very happy with what they got. I don't expect everyone to like everything I sell. ( I would be rich if that happened.) But I expect people to respect that I offer lots of options for the Indian bikes. (www.IndianAftermarket.com) I also don't mind that people express that they don't want, they don't like, or don't need something. I have even had customers complain about something and I would refund or redesign the product and replace theirs. My priority is to make customers happy. So frankly when people insult me I don't like it and shame on those that take this approach. (Yes, blasting my products that I pour my heart into I take as a personal insult.) Most things I developed myself. This shifter is made by another company and I made a deal to sell them. I spent lots of time testing and making a how to video. I only sell stuff that I like and think is worthy to offer.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Why be amazed that some people think this product is like you call it bull shifter. I'm amazed it sells. Ever one has there own thing. Put it on your bike not me. It looks silly

·
Registered
12 Posts
That's the problem with the indian community your entitled to tour own opinion. If you don't like something great move own keep it to your self. No one really cares about your opinion .

·
Bronze member
2,596 Posts
Been thinking about the hand shift for my CV , do you ship to the UK?
I think you make some brill things👍

·
Vendor / bronze
2,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
Yes I do ship all over the world. Just be aware that sometimes the shipper and customs sit on stuff for weeks or months. I have not had an issues with the UK but other European countries. It also cost more.

·
Bronze member
2,484 Posts
Marcus, IMO, please finish designing this thing. No use of angle iron and iron strap. The linkage should follow the angle of the frame downtube so as to "blend in" aesthetically.

I have always realized that the last 10% of a project requires 90% of the projects' total effort. You and that member in NJ figured out how to make it work, now make it pretty so more of us will buy it and make you more happy..

·
Vendor / bronze
2,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
As I stated, I don't manufacture this product. Things can always be improved. This is a very limited market so it may not be worth spending more money to mold aluminum brackets or such. Over all it works great and is fun to use.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Totally a misnamed shifter, and it really makes no sense on the throttle side. If it's not going to be a true suicide shifter setup, at least put it on the left with the clutch attached to it, and now we're talking.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I enjoyed a 'suicide shifter' on another bike for over 100K miles. It's not for drag racing, not for those who have to 'crack the pipes' with every shift, nor for those uncomfortable with non-traditional accessories. The looks it draws are either quizzical or admirable. The most laughable thing was watching mechanics trying to use it during the occasional visit to a repair shop. While riding, I routinely had folks catch up with me just to see it in action. It's all about the fun and what's in it for me, when adding something like this. The standard shifter remains functional (I presume), so you can enjoy the best of both worlds. My greatest struggle was transitioning back to a foot shifter when I bought my Roadmaster. Missed my first three shifts in the first three stoplights. Must have been comical to anyone watching me from behind, flailing around with my right hand in reaching for the non-existent shifter! To each their own . . . for me and mine, I choose the other path. ;)

·
Registered
404 Posts
I am constantly amazed how this as well as all forums inspire people to make negative comments. I constantly introduce new products (I have over 80 now) and almost always people make wide sweeping statements." Since I don't like it, it is the most stupid thing on earth." Believe it or not people buy my products and with a few exceptions they are very happy with what they got. I don't expect everyone to like everything I sell. ( I would be rich if that happened.) But I expect people to respect that I offer lots of options for the Indian bikes. (www.IndianAftermarket.com) I also don't mind that people express that they don't want, they don't like, or don't need something. I have even had customers complain about something and I would refund or redesign the product and replace theirs. My priority is to make customers happy. So frankly when people insult me I don't like it and shame on those that take this approach. (Yes, blasting my products that I pour my heart into I take as a personal insult.) Most things I developed myself. This shifter is made by another company and I made a deal to sell them. I spent lots of time testing and making a how to video. I only sell stuff that I like and think is worthy to offer.
The old saying "If you don't have anything good to say, say nothing at all" is as extinct as common sense

·
Registered
404 Posts
I love the look and the concept. I'm racking my brain trying to come up with a way to make it work on my RM with lower fairings. P.S. I've bought several items over the years from Marcus and the products are all high quality, great purchases.

·
Registered
138 Posts
The old saying "If you don't have anything good to say, say nothing at all" is as extinct as common sense
so your opinion matters but the other guys doesn't because he said what he felt was truth. Common sense is take good with bad but your correct. Let's make a society of snowflakes. Op posted a promotion of his product. Sorry if his snowflake was melted. Next time I'll just laugh

·
Registered
12 Posts
I still don't understand why people have a need to comment on everything they don't like why who made you the expert everyone has the right to there own opinion but if you don't like it then no one can i guess mommy told you that you were special go grab your participation trophy it will be ok

·
Registered
2020 Scout Bobber Icon
26 Posts
I'd love this if it were a true suicide shift. I've been dying to get a foot clutch made for my scout bobber so I can throw a sick indian head on a shift stick (connected directly to the transmission LHS). If you are able to manufacture a foot clutch assy for the scout I would be highly interested!!

21 - 40 of 60 Posts