Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Bronze member
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, I know I'm new here and maybe should keep my mouth shut, but the "Scout" section of this forum has a huge amount of threads and discussions. All of them are incredibly informative and entertaining. But it is getting difficult to find discussions on more general topics. I realize that might be what the search function is for, but sometimes you don't necessarily want to search a specific topic but a more general area of discussion.

Now I'm far from an IT expert (I just learned a few weeks ago what "IT" meant!), so making sub-topics within the "Scout" section may be a technical nightmare. And I don't want to be dissing the other bike models and sounding elitist, but having five or so sub-topics (detailing, mods, DIY, problems/complaints, general discussion, etc) I think would make the "Scout" section of the forum more enjoyable and easier to navigate.

Just my two cents. Tryin' to make the world a better place.

:)

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
I'm daily on the cigar rolling section of a forum dedicated to home grown tobacco (FairTradeTobacco.com). That forum surely suffers from the opposite: way too many sub-forums makes it tough to find what interests you. The one thing that saves that forum is that it lists new posts since your last visit. Without that, it would be a total PITA. Spend all your time chasing through forums, sub forums, sub-sub forums, trying to find what you want.

My fave forums are cigar.com with a mere five categories, and the BMW cruiser forum (chromeheads.org) with ten categories. Both those get a fair amount of traffic and remain easy to use.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts