Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 194 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
I wonder how long before this thread heads south.....and that's not a slight to the OP. Last one got political.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
We are all going to get it eventually. Influenza isn’t going away and neither is this strain of sars. The fear-mongering and political grandstanding is a waste of time and effort. Live your life and try not to take everything so seriously.

·
Registered
46 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
ok here is one for you they have determined that these cases are from the rally but i have not seen them showing how many cases are linked to the riots, why the hell is that? they are using us like pawns in a game let that soak in if you think for a second that there was no one at these riots that was positive you are so wrong. they just want to control us. now think about all these cities wanting the government to pay for damages to there cities for the riots, well i guess if you can track bikers going to sturgis you can track rioters going to riots send the bills to them. I for one am tired of all this shit and im tired of good people being blamed for what bad people are doing. it doesnt matter if its bad cops doing bad things and all cops are bad or if its a bad race doing a bad thing and then all that race is bad, or bad gun owners doing bad things and so all gun owners are bad. people we are one nation under God indestructable! We need to believe in that again take our country back punish the guilty and praise the good. Life is way to dam short to be fighting within!!

·
Registered
2008 Victory Vision 2016 Victory Vision 2020 Indian Challenger
840 Posts
COVID-19: Herd immunity in Sweden fails to materialize - except no? And I still can't believe people think this is like the flu. It's far worse, and we still don't know the long term problems that may arise from even the most mild of cases.
Agreed.
I know people that have gotten sick, some were hospitalized and some have died. Some have gotten very mild illness, some more serious. You really don't want to get the 19.
I'm not fear-mongering. Because of the 19 I haven't seen my elderly Mom since February and I went about 3 months without being able to touch my granddaughters. I'm pretty effing tired of the whole thing and want to get back to normal. For the time being, I'm being cautious. Do as you will and be well.

·
Registered
840 Posts
People die from the Flu every year where is the outrage and fear?
Welp, you can look it up yourself but the death rate for 19 is way more than for the flu. The bigger situation is this: if you get the flu you're sick for something like 3 days or a week tops but if you get the 19 you're going to be sick for weeks. Personally, I can't afford to be laid up for 2 weeks or more. I'd miss riding motorcycles!

·
Registered
840 Posts
... What’s happened this time is nothing more than a power grabbing squash our liberties and freedoms political cluster f$&k. Is it any coincidence that all these pandemics started in China? I don’t think so.
I don't disagree with you that certain states/governors have politicized the 19 to their advantage for power. We can only hope the citizens wake up on election day.

·
Read Only
416 Posts
Welp, you can look it up yourself but the death rate for 19 is way more than for the flu. The bigger situation is this: if you get the flu you're sick for something like 3 days or a week tops but if you get the 19 you're going to be sick for weeks. Personally, I can't afford to be laid up for 2 weeks or more. I'd miss riding motorcycles!
I won't argue death rates with you because how do you actually know? When a facility receives g'vment money (actual fact here) for ANY death/illness related to COVID-19, do you really think that everything that comes in won't be COVID-19 related so the federal funds come in? We've had two deaths of close friends of our family in the past two months. Both were respiratory related that caused other issues that led to death. Both were tested as negative for COVID-19 when admitted and during their stay before passing. Both were labeled as COVID-19 related deaths because they were showing symptoms of COVID-19 even though they never tested positive so both facilities received their COVID funds.

Is this an isolated issue? I believe it is not. Again, federal dollars are tied to COVID-19 related illness and death. Look at the number of cancer/heart deaths over the past 6 months. That's gone down while COVID-19 death has increased. Are we more healthy over the past 6 months where the other two diseases have gone away? I don't think so.

Is COVID-19 a dangerous virus? Yep, sure is. Does it have symptoms that are worse than any other strain of virus? In some people, yes. In other, no symptoms at all. Are we, as a city/state/country/world overreacting? My answer is yes but your's may be we aren't doing enough. There is our problem.

·
Silver member
5,519 Posts
Apparently the sky is falling, again. That, at least for a hand full here. At 69 years of age I've lived thru and made it thru previous "pandemics". And this one, like the others, is just going to have to move over and let me by, because I've got shit to do :giggle:

1 - 20 of 194 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.